Search results

1. RouteAbel

Ark's City Goblin (2008 SS/TC donor)

Ark I saw on B is for build that he did a DIY RFID reader for his push to start. Thought you might find it interesting.
  2. RouteAbel

Ecotec 2.0 turbo engine question

Thanks zoom. Yes I walnut blasted and then painted the block. I just used an aluminum colored high heat paint I found at AutoZone. For the valve cover I did a high heat primer and then several coats of white paint over the lettered area. I then sprayed the metalic burnt orange paint. Then I...
  3. RouteAbel

Custom Wraps

For people interested in wraps this guy has a lot of really good instructional videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MrSpyderGT
  4. RouteAbel

need a little advice from the crowd

My guess on the fuel tank is to allow more clearance on the intake side. The difference in caliper/rotors is that the Turbo Cobalt Brembo caliper/rotors are too big to be re-used so DF provides these in the Turbo kit where N/A donors can be reused.
  5. RouteAbel

New videos

ground eggs, is that similar to scrambled?
  6. RouteAbel

How hard it is to make a kit car?

When I picked up my kit Lonny and Adam told me a bit about how they went about conceiving and iterating through the design. Really interesting. One thing they said that aligns with your observation was that at first they were worried about someone copying them but they soon realized if they...
  7. RouteAbel

Possible build

The goblin was designed to use as much as possible from a donor car. You can forge this path but you will do it alone with no one else to rely on having done any engineering for you. Seems like a ton of risk for what? What is the upside to using the honda motor over the ecotec?
  8. RouteAbel

Texas Revoking Titles (and how you can help)

Will racing harness be acceptable seat belts?
  9. RouteAbel

I see him post on Twitter some, so he is still kicking.

I see him post on Twitter some, so he is still kicking.
  10. RouteAbel

Jason in Texas - ext. track - 09 SS/TC

I broke both mine. The replacements didn't come with the tiny little bolt. Not sure where to find that.
  11. RouteAbel

I'm curious about the evap port as well.
  12. RouteAbel

TC A/C delete accessory belt length or part number?

Zzp has it for $18. https://zzperformance.com/collections/ecotec/products/zzp-serpentine-belts-1
  13. RouteAbel

Thank you. I kind of don't remember anything there either but I was not smart enough to take any pictures with the manifold off.
  14. RouteAbel

Just inquiring about the one hole between the knock sensors in the second picture. It may be that nothing goes here but it does feel like a threaded hole. I'll try some bolts today to see if I can figure out thread size.
  15. RouteAbel

Sorry, you are correct. The ones I am inquiring about actually sit right above those.
  16. RouteAbel

Can anyone tell me what the red circled threaded hole is for? The ones to the left and right are where the knock sensors attach but I can't figure out what if anything goes into the middle hole. Thank you.
  17. RouteAbel

Be aware that in one of the videos they say you need 30 or 32 MM socket but for the SS it's really a 35.
  18. RouteAbel

GrantCropper's City Goblin - 09 TC SS - Game Time

If you are looking for a service manual try chiltondiy.com it's $30 for a year.
  19. RouteAbel

Welcome JB. What part of Texas?
  20. RouteAbel

KSLunsfo - Extended Track - '10 SS/TC

Don't forget the Goggles. I was using just a face shield at first and got Walnut shell in my eye.