Search results

1. S

Re-use of Aftermarket Donor Springs

I'll hold on to them then and see how things go... in the meantime I'll reinstall them on the painted struts
  2. S

Re-use of Aftermarket Donor Springs

I've been trying to find examples of what to do with aftermarket donor parts, specifically springs.... not sure if I am looking in the right corners of the forum though, so here i am to ask. I've two pair of eibach springs stamped 4.9938F, from what i gather in initial research shows that...
  3. S

SwerveMonkey's Street Goblin - 08 Donor

Alright! got some traction on the project again during what was a rare glimpse of Long Island warm spring weather... skies 've been sort of erratic as of late. never the less, I got a few pieces with the rattle can their first coats... i was shocked how much a wire brush can clean up some...
  4. S

Still prepping the pedals has proven to be a bad time, lol. I broke the bolt holding the clutch sensor, there was thread lock was on the bolt & snapped with use of an impact driver.... Took some time to grind a slot into it and i think heating up the bolt is what actually help it come out...
  5. S

been a hot minute for sure... but given the situation this was not a top priority to press forward until settling into the new norm.... sigh since the last post, was able to finalize the body harness prep work... there are still a few things to complete once the assembly begins, but for now I...
  6. S

Another Harness Mistake

@Lonny, TEN-FOUR!! I've been preoccupied anyway having to convert and cover my wiring table as a quarantine clean zone... long story short, I am a Particle Accelerator operator in Long Island, Ny and are taking extreme precautions using my Rad-Worker Job training... essentially I imagine the...
  7. S

Another Harness Mistake

after rewatching the original wiring section i noticed that the ignition assembly has a spot that the keylock would normally go in... this is confirmation enough for me that I can delete those wires fully in the manual build
  8. S

Another Harness Mistake

thank you for the cross check ! :- D reverse light?!? I'll see if i can trace back from the tail lamps then... this thing has to be noted somewhere I'll double back and check again
  9. S

Another Harness Mistake

Awesome News! I can thin the evap wire without worry
  10. S

Another Harness Mistake

Bump for any updates still looking for answers regarding the EVAP wire, I think I'll have to end up sourcing a new canister for the NYS cat requirements and the unlabeled wire that terminates at the body to engine connector... I can't for the life of me find the connector to trace back where...
  11. S

further fodder to fuel the dream... confirmed to be chassis #197 still have a couple hurdles to jump before assembly begins... The wiring harness needs to be cleaned up and finalized the donor parts need to be cleaned up [ warm weather pending;) ]
  12. S

ok... with things the way they are, pandemic included, i thought now would be the time to strike and get my place in line for my kit... order # 1165 placed and i have a place in line... have to do freight at the moment with no business address to accept things right now here in long island.
  13. S

Coronavirus and DF Kit Car

just so long as they are still taking new orders I'll be happy, tough call having to choose between chasing a dream and needing to dip into savings to stay afloat in these hard economic times Thanks to everyone at DF and to everyone in the community please stay safe
  14. S

Another Harness Mistake

Ahhhh, cool... then I need to connect the dots on the CAT electrical connection before thinning that out completely Also I answered my own question after going back and thinking of a novel approach to BradR's electrical spreadsheet please use this guys, it is awesome! I had not thought to...
  15. S

I'm sometimes such an idiot... caught it though finally... BIG THANK YOU to BradR and Ross... who provided tools to verify that the connector I am looking for would have gone to the BCM X1 connector have to update the separate electrical query over on the other forum board EDIT: current...
  16. S

Another Harness Mistake

I did take note when i finally decided to plunge into the project that there are three other NYS builds and it was confirmed through Bar-Air that the NYSDMV requires a handbrake to pass safety regulations... I'm LoOkInG FoRwArD tO FiGuRiNg ThAt OnE OuT I suppose I should have asked for...
  17. S

Another Harness Mistake

whoa... this escalated fast, ha ha. CAN confirm it is the same as what BradR says... thats the position you want to use to reinstall a handbrake ground... the connector is a single wire connector thankfully i did not have ABS control on this donor, never had to remove it during the wire harness...
  18. S

Another Harness Mistake

I've adhered to the newer harness series as much as possible as it is more thorough and taken some time to double check the old series too for any thing i might have missed. working with a naturally aspirated manual should make things straight forward I thought... some things were, thanks to...
  19. S

this is definitely it... but i sadly still have no idea where the green white terminates to on the other side
  20. S

SO i think i narrowed they key lock problem down to this... there is a brown & a green/white set of wires coming from the connector... the brown is spliced into the wire for the ignition switch... I still need to find out where the green/white wire terminates on fuse block side of the...