Search results

1. Fozda

Vacuum line on intake pipe...connects to?

There's no vacuum in the intake pipe between the filter and the turbo inlet. I believe you're thinking of the PCV system.
  2. Fozda

Ark's City Goblin (2008 SS/TC donor)

What do you have against the LS?
  3. Fozda

Goblin sighting.

That's one hell of an analogy!
  4. Fozda

Goblin sighting.

Janesville eh? That's probably me.
  5. Fozda

Fozda's Track Goblin - 06 SS/SC

Took a couple pics while we've been out driving around.
  6. Fozda

Meth Injection point on intake manifold question...

I used a Devil's Own kit on the first car I boosted and I ran -30 degree washer fluid for the most methanol content but more recently I put a Alkycontrol system in my supercharged G8 and I run 100% methanol in that. There's a local performance shop that gets 55 gallon drums of it and then sells...
  7. Fozda

Brake booster vacuum leak

Have you considered doing a manual brake conversion? I copied JSATX manual brake conversion write-up and it's fantastic!
  8. Fozda

Chassis Paint/Powder Coat

How far of a drive is it for you? We flew down from Wisconsin, bought a truck, loaded it up, and drove home through the night. That was a LONG day!
  9. Fozda

Nope. lol the bar mount that comes with these is meant for a bicycle handlebar so it's much too small for the tubing we have. I bought a universal bar mount, made a 1.75" long spacer out of some small tube and bolted it all together.
  10. Fozda

Need a bit of help convincing wife to build

Honestly, to me, it doesn't seem like the Goblin is the right type of build for you. If you don't have a supportive family and you're worried about a $900 registration fee, this project will not be a pleasant one for you. There's going to be lots of time and money involved that you didn't plan...
  11. Fozda

This one is called Cinnamon Red. For some reason I can't find it on the site in single gallons but here's a link to the kit page for color reference. https://www.dipyourcar.com/collections/beginner-kits/products/cinnamon-red-car-kit?variant=5631734596
  12. Fozda

Added a phone holder to the dash area. Nothing crazy but it sure will be nice to be able to use my phone for GPS map or speed and to control the helmets coms. Also, don't mind the boost gauge, that thing's jacked for some reason.
  13. Fozda

Jason in Texas - ext. track - 09 SS/TC

It's a tall order to make a Cobalt sound decent.
  14. Fozda

I have never used a base coat. We have always done just the desired color over any vehicle color. After about 3 coats you already can't tell there was a different color underneath and you're only half way to all of the coats. The only time we ever did a "base coat" was when we dipped the car...
  15. Fozda

That's way too much dip! I used less than a gallon to do the whole hood so for everything you'd be fine with 2 gallons total. I've sprayed entire vehicles and never used 5 gallons!
  16. Fozda

I sprayed right over it with the red. With dip you really want a good 5-6 coats so you can pretty much go over any color with any color unless there's a specific effect you're going for.
  17. Fozda

I did buy the tow package but I haven't installed a hitch on the other race car yet so we'll see which happens first! Lol
  18. Fozda

I plan to do time attack style racing at a couple somewhat local tracks. I don't want to have to rely on someone else bringing fuel for me so once we get the roof rack figured out so that I can haul more fuel with me then I'll probably make the switch to E85. A lot of the events are roughly...
  19. Fozda

No sir, just 91. Thought about doing 93 so he could put more power in it but it can be hard to find 93 at times so it was safer to do 91. I'd like to switch to E85 some day but I'm worried about it only having 9 gallons. I'm not sure I'll make it all the way to an event and participate all day...
  20. Fozda

It's a 2.7 pulley and 80# injectors. I got them from overthetopperformance. I went overkill on the injectors and pump so that I can make more power and switch to E85 if I want without having to buy the stuff again.