Search results

1. ToxicBill

Bill's Street/Track Goblin - 2007 SS/SC - Chassis #204

After not being able to find a suitable solution for a wheel hub dust cover for my front hubs, I decided to fashion my own. It's amazing what you can do with a 12oz red bull can and some aluminum tape. I plan on using some silicone or adhesive to secure it in place. Now I'm just waiting for...
  2. ToxicBill

Transmission drain plug washer

I was getting ready to refill my transmission fluid and the washer on the drain plug is shot and the fill plug doesn't even have a washer on it. I couldn't find one that truly fit so I ended up boring out a copper washer which I haven't put on yet. Anyone else have any experience or thoughts...
  3. ToxicBill

Texas anti-wang club meet

Bah! I forgot that was today. College football distracted me. Looks like it was a good time.
  4. ToxicBill

Tie rod ends

I didn't see this specific question addressed anywhere so I wanted to ask it:. Do I put the tie rod ends from the steering rack onto the back and the ones supplied by DF on the front? If it's posted somewhere, I couldn't find it.
  5. ToxicBill

Fozda's Track Goblin - 06 SS/SC

I did the exact same thing. Now it works exactly as it should . . . Go figure.
  6. ToxicBill

Discuss the first stage instructions

I don't know . . . Something about Lonny's voice is soothing. :p
  7. ToxicBill

It's a bit late, but I couldn't help but share my first start video.
  8. ToxicBill

Stage 1 complete! I ran new fuel lines, but not without drama. I told the guy at the parts store I wanted 6' of 3/8" fuel line and even pointed it out to him. I didn't realize until 10pm that night he had given me 5/16" fuel line. I made it work, we'll just say some vaseline was involved...
  9. ToxicBill

SC intercooler

That is some good stuff right there. Found some at o'reilly's. No leaks so far. :)
  10. ToxicBill

SC intercooler

I've already done the main radiator twice, so I guess I can say I've touched both cooling systems twice. :D Otherwise, any thoughts on the hose routing?
  11. ToxicBill

SC intercooler

I was looking for the connections on both ends of the tunnel. I did use teflon tape on the threads of the connectors going into the small radiator. Maybe I didn't use enough.
  12. ToxicBill

SC intercooler

Does anyone have any pictures they can share of their intercooler install with the intercooler in the front? I've got it installed but everything in the front and back seems very tight. Then I installed the subframe and it got even tighter. Also, both my fittings to the front small radiator...
  13. ToxicBill

Rttoys’s track- ‘06 ss/sc #184

Going from fuel pump to fuel filter, how did you go about cutting the fuel lines away from the connectors? It looks like you kept the original connectors. Just real slowly with a knife? I'm trying to mount the fuel filter and it simply isn't cooperating.
  14. ToxicBill

I got 5.0L out of the car manual. Upon closer inspection, i have a manual for a 2009 (my donor was a 2007). https://oil-change.info/chevrolet-cobalt-engine-oil-capacity-usa/ seems to indicate the the capacity for a 2007 LSJ is 6.0 qts. Wow. The 2007 manual also says 6 qts...
  15. ToxicBill

Thanks Ross. Much appreciated. I've verified that I have a connection between the OBD connector and the ECM and also verified each connection along the way. Also have verified grounds on the OBD connector. No power steering warning unless I unplug the connector from the power steering unit...
  16. ToxicBill

Is your power pin 1 or 6? I may have looked at it backwards
  17. ToxicBill

Ok, I've traced the high speed GMLAN wires. In the attached picture, I've drawn what I think it should be (pencil) and the way it actually is (red ink). It would appear that I've twisted the wires between the BCM and power steering and then from power steering to OBD connector. Does anyone...
  18. ToxicBill

Ok. Two things: 1- my OBD reader is unable to talk to the ECU. The car cranks and runs fine. I'm guessing there might be an issue with my wiring when I extended the OBD wires. Anyone happen to have a diagram handy of where those wires go so I can test continuity? I tested the grounds and...
  19. ToxicBill

Well, I knew this Goblin was going to be hard work with lots of blood, sweat, and tears. Well, I've been sweating my butt off - summer in Texas. Now I have the blood part taken care of. I'm feel damn lucky I didn't lose my finger. Now I just need to shed a tear and I'll be set. It made me...
  20. ToxicBill

Thanks guys. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything in the front. I'm hoping for a first start this weekend.