• Mayor West's recent posts have been needlessly inflammatory and are not acceptable if this forum is to continue to be a decent community. For that, he is temporarily going to be marked as a "Limited User." He will be able to view threads and add to his own build thread but he won't be able to post or direct message anyone through the forum for the next month. We are not afraid to take more drastic action in the future to protect the forum.

Search results

1. P

Andrew's track ext 06 SS build #151

I ordered a 66" a few weeks ago. I know of a 68" but they only go to 71" so probably the largest
  2. P

Andrew's track ext 06 SS build #151

How big is she?
  3. P

PyroGuy's 2008 SS Build - #208

Yeah. The first one wasn’t fun. Drilled it out but the bit walked on us to start so they weren’t center. Used a grinder and cold chisssl to knock the ball joint off, then used a ball joint press and a bolt to press the river out. I think on the other arm we aren’t going to drill it out so we...
  4. P

5 hours and 2 trips to O'Reily's and the control arms are almost ready for the powder coater. Just need to get the other ball joint off. @Desert Sasqwatch you still want the bushing bars that connect to the engine cradle? The bushings are torn. And I think I decided on the color scheme...
  5. P

Benjy's Track Chassis #007 - 10 SS/TC donor

Looks good. I was just looking at those last night. Its between those and Cosmis XT-206R's in Hyper Bronze
  6. P

Discuss the first stage instructions

I love the idea of a printed guide by donor type/stage. I think this would go a long way to have a spiral book to go through as your're doing the build. Would save a lot of stopping, going back, and rewatching the videos.
  7. P

Wiring harness

Base Model: https://dfkitcar.com/img/knowledge%20base/base-body-to-dash-labels.pdf SS/SC: https://dfkitcar.com/img/knowledge%20base/ss-sc-body-to-dash-labels.pdf SS/TC: https://dfkitcar.com/img/knowledge%20base/ss-tc-body-to-dash-labels.pdf Video:
  8. P

Off to powder coat. Still deciding on a color while they media blast the parts and finish up their large oven. Going with some sort of gunmetal color.
  9. P

Yeah, going to be matte black. Same color as the subframe. Nope. Did a quick Google search and said that most coatings are done at a much lower temp than the exhaust gets so not worth it. Plus I would like to do custom stainless/titanium exhaust in the future.
  10. P

Inventory of parts hitting the powder coatered this evening. Exceited to get started on her. Chassis Subframe Sheet metal panels and gas tank Fender Spacers...
  11. P

Powder Coating

Any idea if the floor pan and back wall are powder coated or truck bed liner? I've see some people do that.
  12. P

Powder Coating

Those of you that powder coated your chassis, what other accessories did you have done as well? Do people powdercoat the billet aluminium pieces (steering knuckles, upgraded rear suspension mounts, intercooler, etc.) Thinking about having the floor pan, firewall, and rear control arms done in...
  13. P

The back is actually on jack stands to keep the weight off it while the front is on the 8" caster wheels so that's why its not level. The smaller upper brace was just another tie point because when we tried to move it the first time the back buckled and bent the 3/5 threaded rod. Plus we used...
  14. P

Made a cart for the chassis. V1 didn't have the cross braces and it collaped when we moved it. She's here! 3 cars in a 2 car garage
  15. P

Jeff's Extended Track - 07 SS/SC Donor - Chassis #91

Calipers painted or powder coated? Good luck on the inspection. Chassis 208 arrives in Cincinnati this weekend. Excited to get started on the build.
  16. P

@Desert Sasqwatch I haven't forgotten about you wanting the control arm bushings. I just haven't done any work on it lately.
  17. P

What do you not like about your Goblin

Having family in Pitt is it the hills or the idiots that pull part way into the road/intersection?
  18. P

Was thinking either one of these 2.
  19. P

Chassis and all 3 stages stages should be here either Saturday or Monday. Woohoo! Just order a 66" Nine Lives Racing Wang too. Now to pick out my color scheme so I can get the chassis powdercoated when it arrives. Thinking chassis gunmetal, body panels either a deep blue or something like the...