Search results

1. Amack1970

Dzus fittings on goblin hoods

I'm looking to replace the 2 dzus fittings on my hood. They've been ground down by curbs, speed bumps etc. I found some made with a allen head instead of the straight blade channel, but it looks like there are multiple sizes. 5/16 and 7/16. Does anyone known what size I need?
  2. Amack1970

Df brake proportioning valve install

Is there a video on how to install this wilwood valve and the new hard lines? I've got my car apart and just wanted some guidance.
  3. Amack1970

Wanted brembo brakes

Hello, Looking for anyone with the factory SS brembo brakes from their donor. I wish I would have kept mine, because I want them on my goblin now. My donor was. 09 SS turbo. If your not using them on your car I'd love to buy them off of you. Thank-you Anthony
  4. Amack1970

Need new front rotors

Looks like it's time for new front rotors. The local auto parts store won't turn mine. I have a turbo goblin. Not sure what car info to give the parts store to get the correct rotors. Please let me know, if you know Thank you
  5. Amack1970

What tires are you running and why?

I've had my Goblin done now for 4 years. I do alot of commuting with the vehicle. I've gone on 2 or 3 four four trips around Arizona. I also do good guys track events. I've put about 6k miles on my car. I'm currently running 275/40/17 Nitto NT555 G2's. These tires still look new, but suffer in...
  6. Amack1970

LNF timing gear noise

Wanted to throw this out there and see if I get any response. I bought a new LNF motor from ZZPERFORMANCE before I built my goblin. I've got about 6k on the new motor. Under heavy acceleration, sometimes I hear chain sounding noises from the pass. side of the motor. That's were all the...
  7. Amack1970

Custom stainless exhaust

Thanks to the guys at Black Market Racing in Phoenix for making this vision come to life. Ever since the quad tipped goblin exhaust came out I've wanted to do my own spin on a custom, stainless, pie cut exhaust. I really thought I wanted the quad tip set up, but with all the piping I couldn't...
  8. Amack1970

Whats the longest trip you've done in your Goblin??

So my wife and kids are leaving tomorrow morning to central California. My in laws live in Sanger, outside Fresno. They'll be gone for about 3 weeks. The first week when there gone I normally clean up the house wash the cars and watch really loud movies. 2nd week is kinda relax and just eat the...
  9. Amack1970

I need a horn

Anyone have a left over cobalt horn? Mine works, but recently started sounding like its under water. Willing to buy and pay shipping. Let me know 2010 cobalt ss was my donor Thanks
  10. Amack1970

Looking to upgrade my cooling system

Has anyone swapped out the radiator and intercooler fans for something stronger? Id like to get a set of spal fans with a higher cfm rating, but i dont know what the specs are of the original fans. Anyone know the spec on these? Amp draw, cfm rating, fan size etc. I dont want to overload the...
  11. Amack1970

Reverse lights INOP

I know they worked before. Maybe I blew a fuse. Does anyone know which fuse box this fuse would be in? Pass. Seat kick area, or under the engine cover? T/C 2010 donor
  12. Amack1970

Bosch pumps not needed

Hey guys, Ive removed the bosch pump on my goblin, and gone with a higher volume pump. I was originally going to run a double pump set up, so i bought a second pump and harness from ZZP. This didnt flow the volume i wanted. So i bought a larger pump. I have both of these pumps, with harness...
  13. Amack1970

Master cylinder leaking

I just noticed I have a small fluid leak between the back of my master cylinder and the brake booster. I used a 2010 cobalt SS as my donor. Do I have to use the same master cylinder from that car, or can I us a LS model. None of the local parts guys have the SS one in stock, but they have tons...
  14. Amack1970

Turbo LNF methanol injected

Hey guys, I have a extended, full cage turbo df goblin. Love the hell out of the car. It's been my daily for months since it was finished. I live in Az and so far have commuted in temps as low as 39 degrees and as hot as 115 in the summer. I can't seem to keep my intake temps cold. For example...
  15. Amack1970

Removable sun shade

I just got the gob back from the top shop today. I gave them the awesome task of building me a removable sun shade. Had to be black, super durable. No snaps, or drilling into the frame to mount it. I'm really happy with the out come. I'm hoping this will slow down the seat fading I'm beginning...
  16. Amack1970

Qa-1 coil overs leaking

Has anyone noticed there front coils wet with oil around the dampening adjuster? I took these pictures after washing my gob, and there still wet. Any thoughts? What's the model number of these coils, warranty? Not sure what direction to go
  17. Amack1970

Proud day for a Gilbert DF owner

Last night I/we enjoyed the first ride in the goblin. I can't believe I'm already at this point. Now, the goblin isn't 100% completed yet. I'm still trying to find the shifter linkage. I have the wrap scheduled. Need the alignment done and all the registration stuff. But I was able to drive it...
  18. Amack1970

Anyone with a F40 trans, i need your old shifter

I'm currently stuck in my build process and looking for a little help / parts off of your donor. My 2010 cobalt ss 5 spd had a aftermarket shifter clamp assembly on shifter linkage. I've attached a picture of this aftermarket part. Ive also attached the dealership diagram of my current shifter...
  19. Amack1970

Shifter cable connector needed

My donor has this aftermarket billet shifter cable linkage. I can't use this. The threads on the factory cable are larger then the df shifter linkage. Does anyone have one of these laying around? GM told me you have to buy the whole shifter assembly to get this. 258 bucks. Either that, or pick a...
  20. Amack1970

I need a shifter connector

So my 2010 cobalt ss had this aftermarket shift cable on it. I can use this. I called gm today and you have to buy the whole shifter assembly to get this. Can I buy this from anyone? This is the aftermarket one I have. I need the OEM equivalent