Search results

1. SliderR1

Jim McDonald // Extended Track // '09 HHR SS/TC Automatic

You are correct. There is a check valve and enough 'storage' in the plumbing for about 1 assisted brake push after engine vacuum is removed. Once you get up an running and have a boost gauge to watch - you'll see how it works.
  2. SliderR1

Jim McDonald // Extended Track // '09 HHR SS/TC Automatic

You're only under pressure while you are accelerating. When the engine isn't under a load, you have vacuum.
  3. SliderR1

BAR-AIR's build up in Buffalo N.Y.

Impressive notes - thanks for sharing with the community!
  4. SliderR1

Final drive swap

I agree with Brad - once you get the power up, the ratio you have should be close. I've got the MU3 F35 with 4.05 final and first feels very short. My LSJ is very lightly modified and I'm running tires with almost the same overall diameter as stock.
  5. SliderR1

SS/SC Coolant Reservoir

The base model coolant tank (cheaper one) will not work with a 2005 SS donor harness/computer. Part of the sensor is mounted in the SS coolant tank. I replaced my SS coolant tank with the cheaper base model one and I got the 'Low Coolant' warning on the DIC, even after switching out the...
  6. SliderR1

FINISHED GOBLIN for SALE

Congrats!!
  7. SliderR1

"Roof" option

Interested to see if you think it would flap too much without the middle bars.
  8. SliderR1

Which hose for fuel line?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1628357-home-brew-budget-nylon-fuel-line-tool.html#post19106146
  9. SliderR1

Texas Revoking Titles (and how you can help)

Thank you to all who helped in this effort!!
  10. SliderR1

Midwest Meet Spring 2019 ***UPDATED***

I hope you guys have an awesome gathering. So jealous to be there and looking forward to the next one!
  11. SliderR1

SliderR1's Track Goblin - 05 SS/SC

You know - it works great, but I'm still on the fence about it. I think it's just a little too tall. Of course after I bought it, I found a single row bar just like it...
  12. SliderR1

Unfortunately not... just too much going on right now. Not the N2MB - it's actually built by Auto-Blip. https://www.auto-blip.com/ It seems to work pretty well in the Youtube vids I found, but I can't comment on it yet.
  13. SliderR1

How about an overdue update? I shelved this project for a few months to calm down over a bad interaction with the guy I hired to wrap the car. I thought all was going well until I showed to pick the car up and the guy doing the work decided to move forward with his idea. I asked for two red...
  14. SliderR1

Boost Referenced Fuel System

Chad - just throwing this out there - if you really want to get the data on your existing injectors, try contacting Eric Derr at Derr Injector Services in Bowling Green KY. He will totally service your injectors and flow them to give you actual data that can be input into HP Tuners. I sent him...
  15. SliderR1

Media Blast Cabinet / Powder Coating

agree with Brian - then the next problem will be water in the air lines clogging up your gun. I built a small aftercooler for my 60 gal. compressor out of a transmission cooler and it works great. I had superb luck using soda blasting on the aluminum pieces in my build. I got the soda from...
  16. SliderR1

IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

Very cool! Love it! Where is the video clip of it running?!
  17. SliderR1

ABS?

anyone check this system out? https://3dmmotorsport.com/collections/universal-mk60-motorsport-abs-harness-kits/products/universal-fitment-mk60-motorsport-abs-standalone-harness-data-kit
  18. SliderR1

ABS?

I like this conversation and think it will be useful for others in the future. I've not done any research on ABS, but surely there is a generic controller solution out there somewhere that could be adapted without having to 'decode' the GM stuff... or maybe not. As many companies as there are...
  19. SliderR1

IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

Very nice!