Search results

1. askiles

SOLD Goblin #140 FS - Arizona Build SS/SC Street Frame SOLD

Hey all!! Andy here. Possibly looking to sell my Goblin for the right price. I am looking to possibly get into other vehicular endeavors, and have to make some room. I would like to get $20k. Here is the link to my full build thread...
  2. askiles

DF Surprise on Facebook ???!?!?!?!?!!!!

So Lonny and Adam made a post on Facebook about a surprise announcement to come. Looks very, very interesting! I am on the edge of my seat. "Big reveal coming soon. Stay tuned. #dfkitcar #project324"
  3. askiles

Body Panels @ Engine Area

Has anyone made body panels to cover the sides at the engine area of the chassis? The part that I have circled in my picture. I am thinking about fabricating some panels to cover up a little of this area. Make it look a little more "finished". Looking at doing it on both sides of the car. I...
  4. askiles

What Size Dzus Fasteners?

What size dzus fasteners are they that hold the hood to the radiator support? One of them came loose and is now missing, so I need to replace it. Both actually came loose, the other was still there though. I assume since it bumps the curb coming out of my driveway a bit, they just came loose...
  5. askiles

Custom Exhaust

So I decided to take it upon myself to make a custom exhaust. I just needed a little help on the welding front...luckily I am the managing partner of a metals fabrication company, so I have great welders at my disposal. Lol All SS. 3” pipe, straight through Dynomax 6” muffler. It’s all fitted...
  6. askiles

2 1/2” or 3” Exhaust ?

So I had an ’06 SS/SC donor build, and my kit came with a 2.5” exhaust system. I was just helping AMack with his TC/SS build last night, and his exhaust is 3”. Did I get the correct exhaust? Should it be 3”? Thanks!
  7. askiles

AN Brake Lines for Remote Reservoir

Hey guys! I just wanted to share what I ended up doing with the hoses between the master cylinder and the remote reservoir. Originally I used Tygon but it started to permeate through the hose. No bueno. I also just couldn’t get a great seal for pressure bleeding. It would drip slightly at one...
  8. askiles

Custom Exhaust

Has anyone done a custom exhaust on their Goblin? I have seen the straight quad-piped exhaust that a member did on his TC/SS car, that looked pretty cool. Looking for something with a muffler though, for my SC/SS car. I was considering mimicking the DF exhaust, but with stainless tubing, and...
  9. askiles

Floor Mats ?

Who has done floor mats for their Goblin? I would like something in the footwell area that makes it nice and easy to pull out and clean/shake off/vacuum real quick, and to help it look a little more finished on the inside. Pics please!! Thanks!
  10. askiles

Brakes Sticking...Then Not

So I drove around quite a bit today. It was pretty hot. Too hot for normal driving. LOL Everything was going great, then I noticed at a light on a slight slope, the car wasn't rolling backwards. I get home, and I can't push the car back and forth freely. One of the calipers had hung up...
  11. askiles

Surging Idle Problems

So I am having continued issues with my 2.0L SS/SC engine surging (fluctuating in RPM) at idle. It surges from about 800-1200 RPM’s constantly. I have checked all vacuum ports. No leaks. I have checked all electrical connections. They are all connected. I am getting the P0650 engine code, but I...
  12. askiles

No Power Brakes

So, perhaps this is a common issue, or at least one easily remedied. When I have the vacuum line from the engine connected to the port on the brake booster, my brake pedal stays glued to the floor, and won’t come back up. Basically nearly locking all of the brakes. When I disconnect the vacuum...
  13. askiles

Center Bore Sizes of Hubs ?

So I have a 2006 SC/SS donor. I bought the SC options from DF. I am looking to see if anyone knows the center bore sizes on the hubs I have? I have the stock hubs all the way around, with the 5x110 pattern. Doing my due diligence when ordering wheels to make sure they will fit, and I get the...
  14. askiles

Speed Bleeders

Has anyone replaced their standard caliper bleeders with speed bleeders? I have used them on my past projects and like the fact that I can bleed the brakes by myself. If so, what bleeders did you use? The hassle is always figuring out which bleeders to get, as there are so many different...
  15. askiles

Transmission Axle Seal Leak

Soooooo, went to put fluid in my transmission last night, and fluid started coming out of the axle seal where the axle goes into the housing. Has anyone had this before?? Does anyone know how easy this is to change? Most importantly, does this mean I am now taking many steps backwards and...
  16. askiles

Wobble from Shifter Area of Tunnel

Has anyone else noticed a wobble to the tunnel area around the shifter when they shift? I am considering putting a few more screws or rivets in that area to help it stop moving. If anyone else has done something different, what have you done? Thanks!!
  17. askiles

Boost Gauge Wiring

Okay, last post today...lol Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the boost gauge. 2006 SS/SC donor. I thought I had the correct wires, but I think I mixed up the tan wire... Thanks!!!
  18. askiles

What is this connector?

Can someone tell me what this connector is? It is in the dash harness to a 2006 SS/SC donor, and red wire and dark green with white strip wire run from it to my gauge cluster connector. I think I can ditch it, it doesn’t plug into anything I need, but I want to be certain. Thanks!!!
  19. askiles

Daylight Optical Sensor Needed??

Is the daylight optical sensor actually needed?? Say I cut it out...what’s going to happen? Will it think it’s always light or always dark?? Either way, I can manually turn the lights on and off, right? Asking for a friend...lol. Thanks!
  20. askiles

Anyone need any parts/kits picked up?

Hey guys...so Adam just let me know this morning that my chassis (#140) should be on the table for welding by the end of today. Meaning, I will be picking up my kit soon. I am thinking the first weekend of May. My question is, does anyone need anything picked up from DF that is in AZ, NM, TX...