Search results

1. M

Windshield Help Needed

Thank you for the compliment. I will work on getting some more detailed info together this weekend, including my drawing of the frame used by the plasma cutting place.
  2. M

Windshield Help Needed

I've been terrible at updating my build progress. I designed a simple windshield that passed in MI. It's a simple flat frame that was plasma cut and mounted to the frame with some clamps that went around the tubing for the roll cage. A local glass place was able to cut a piece of AS-1 to the...
  3. M

Corbeau 5-point Cam-lock Harness Setup

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, it was caused due a design change in Corbeau's Cam-Lock harness. DF Kitcar stopped offering the updated Cam-Lock harnesses after I had received mine. Adam sent me a standard harness and all is well now.
  4. M

Michigan builders.

I'm in the Bay City/Saginaw area, along with @jirwin. I'm hoping to have mine finished to the point of having it inspected in a month or so.
  5. M

Laminated Glass Windshield Idea

Small update. Feel free to laugh at my cardboard prototype. It definitely isn't cut exactly straight or squared up. Should get the idea across though. @SmsDetroit
  6. M

That's what I've seen too, but this guy seemed confident in being able to cut it as long as I keep the radius at the corners reasonable.
  7. M

@SmsDetroit I'm in the Bay City/Saginaw area. Glass guy said he can cut the glass so that the DOT marking on the glass he'll start with will remain on the windshield after the cut. Should be good there.
  8. M

An added thought; I could back up the four sides with a secondary frame made from flat stock or angle iron. May allow the frame to be thinner. Edit: Just realized how much my pictures suck. The cardboard sags quite a bit. If supported to stay seemingly-straight while flat against the tube...
  9. M

Forgive me if someone else has tried something like this and I didn't see it. Looking for feedback on this idea. I had an experienced glass technician come out to see my car. I have a track frame. His suggestion was for me to come up with a frame for a windshield using 1/8" sheet metal. He...
  10. M

I realize I could do that, but then the adjuster sits right in the bottom of the seat without enough length to pull it over your lap. You would be sitting on it.
  11. M

Yeah, I misunderstood which strap went under the seat.
  12. M

It just occurred to me that maybe the strap with the cam-lock isn't the bottom piece. I will look at it again tomorrow.
  13. M

This is my first time working with a harness like this, so apologies if this question has an obvious answer. Both of my harnesses have 2 different width lap belts. The adjuster of the 3-inch wide strap is huge and cannot pass through the opening in the side of the seat. The sewn-loop section...
  14. M

Shifter Cable Too Short?

Hello, I am trying to get my shifter cables set properly before proceeding with installing the shifter itself. I have not been able to get the passenger side crank perpendicular to the tunnel with the transmission in neutral. I have the ball sockets threaded on only 2-3 turns, and I believe I...
  15. M

Solid Shifter OFFICIAL GROUP BUY

I would also like a full kit if that's still possible. Thank you!
  16. M

Second Stage Photos and Questions

Thanks for the replies. I did some searching on the forums but didn't go through build logs very thoroughly, I'll look harder next time.
  17. M

Second Stage Photos and Questions

It seems like my lower control arms are not wide enough to fit over the frame. I have the single bend tube towards the front, shock mount pointed down. The distance from one face of the rod end to the same face of the other is about 10.5", but the distance across the bushings welded on the frame...
  18. M

New Builder From Michigan

Nice, what area are you from?
  19. M

Good to know Ron, I'm also hoping that I can recoup some/most of my donor cost.
  20. M

Hello Jeff. I ended up with a winning bid of $550. The fees added to that more than doubled the price, but considering that it seems most donor-worthy Cobalts are on auctions sites now (according to Adam from Goblin), I think I made out okay.