Search results

1. B

SOLD #152 Complete Kit for sale - Unassembled

All three stages Tons of extras Unassembled Webster, NY 14580 https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/brads-city-goblin-10-ss-tc-donor-ny-build-for-sale.1090/page-6
  2. B

Paralyzed by indecision and the quest for perfection

I seem to always drag out projects because I want to overthink them and make sure it is pre-planned and perfect the first time. Even if/when I complete my Goblin build, I have a long wait afterward to try and get it to be street legal. At this point I am trying to convince myself to just get...
  3. B

Engine to body connector info

I could never find any info on the forums about the interconnect between the engine and body harness. All the "Non-GM" wiring diagrams only show a high level diagram, and not any of the intermediate interconnects. Some cars have a 14 pin and some a 16 pin connector (my 2010 SS/TC). Below is the...
  4. B

Question(s) for anyone with a cobalt that is not disassembled yet...

If the ignition is on, and you start rolling up or down any power window, does the window stop moving while the engine is being stared? If the ignition is on and the blower motor fan is running does is stop while the engine is being started? Looking for a definitive answers, not a guess...
  5. B

Color Scheme - Body Color Subframe

I ma trying to figure out the color scheme for my Goblin by making a list of the various parts and what color I want them painted or powder coated. Right now, my top choice for the chassis is Red with some kind of metal flake. It appears that most subframes I see pictures of are always black...
  6. B

Custom Ignition Switch Electrical Adapter

Ask as ye shall receive! Wait, no one asked.... Anyways - I designed a small plug n' play adapter that will reduce the complicated key switch electronics to two wires for the folks that want to use switches or buttons to turn on / start the car. How it works: Plug the key switch connector...
  7. B

Goblin Electrical Connector Info & Part Numbers

My plan is to build a harness with few if any splices. This requires depinning any unused wires rather than cutting them off, and repinning any wires that are not long enough to make it where they need to go. You can find a link HERE to my spreadsheet that I am slowly updating with wiring...
  8. B

Corbeau A4 Seats - Anyone installed or test fit these seats?

I am very interested in the Corbeau A4's, but I am concerned about them fitting down in the frame. My stock Cobalt SS seats do not fit between the tunnel cover and the side of the frame (the might if I removed some of the plastics). This is why I am questioning fitment. If the A4's do fit, can...
  9. B

Power Steering Assist - Feedback requested from owners with completed kits

A group of questions for owners who have completed Goblins: Stock power steering - installed or removed / disconnected? Are you happy with your current setup? If you could change the stock Cobalt power steering assist, describe in detail what you would want changed (ie. less assist at idle...
  10. B

Goblin Warning Light Eliminator (Airbag, Seatbelt & Tire Pressure + Bonus Features)

Currently working on a electronic module that will wire into the low speed GMLAN network and emulate various modules if they are no longer present: SDM - Sensing & Diagnostic Module (Airbag Module) RCDLR - Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) This is currently in...
  11. B

Goblin "ABS Emulator" - disable ABS, traction control and brake warning lights

UPDATE 1/8/2020: The final product is now available for sale HERE. You should be able to also purchase one individually or as part of a kit direct from DF kit car in the near future. I will update this post then they are ready. Current project / product information can be found starting at post...
  12. B

Wiring diagrams - best place to source them?

Where is the best place to source the GM wiring diagrams (ideally on paper). I am NOT looking for the Chiltons or Haynes (Inaccurate and incomplete). I see some factory service manual sets on eBay, but they are $300! Am I missing anything? BTW: Anyone have digital diagrams they are willing to...
  13. B

Fuel pressure surging at idle - SS/TC

My donor's fuel pressure seems to surge from about 240 PSI to 470 PSI at idle (2010 SS/TC). Each time it does this, you hear a click from somewhere near the valve cover. As soon as you apply some throttle, it evens out and is stable. In the attached video, you will see it surging in the first...
  14. B

Brad's City Goblin - 10 SS/TC Donor, NY Build - FOR SALE

Hey! I have always wanted a Polaris Slingshot - but the price and limitations (single drive wheel - registers as a motorcycle, etc) have been the holdup. The moment I found DF Kit Car, I knew I found something way better that checked off almost every box on my want list. Registering in NYS will...
  15. B

Ground Clearance - City Goblin

Does anyone know the ground clearance for a city goblin (assuming stock wheels and a standard setup)? I ask because I have a mid rise platform lift that I would like to be able to use for the build and park the Goblin on top of. The highest point on the lift is 5". Thanks!