Search results

1. 1

Base Model Performance

Sounds good. I'm not going to be in Iowa immediately in 2 months, since I'm going to TN first. But I'll make a point of looking you up. I'd love to see one still being worked on.
  2. 1

Base Model Performance

You are Iowa? Where at? I'm Newton.
  3. 1

Base Model Performance

I have two months until I get home, sell my house in Iowa and move to Tennessee, so no. But the answers were mostly relevant and good. I know a lot more than I did before. If I were to buy one today, I'd most probably go with a manual SC model. For one, they are much, much more available than...
  4. 1

Base Model Performance

I seem to recall the base model runs 4.75 and the SS/TC runs 3-something. It's published somewhere on the website.
  5. 1

Base Model Performance

So, personal question to you; I am not a fan of TC, because of the lag and what I consider added complexity. I see you drive an SC car. What made you pick SC over TC in your car?
  6. 1

Base Model Performance

I'm an airplane mech, working overseas on a 4 month on/off schedule, with 2 months left in this cycle. I currently live in Central Iowa, but am moving to Tennessee later this year; to the Nashville-ish area, along with everyone else in the country. ;) I think I've seen at least one post by...
  7. 1

Base Model Performance

That's precisely what I was thinking. Plus they are the cheapest/easiest to assemble/get running. Focusing on the fundamentals of racing before adding in the complexity of a manual transmission, and then the extra challenge of high power seem like a good way to start, to me. No doubt manual...
  8. 1

Base Model Performance

Just read jpr's thread. Cool build, but not much on performance. I did note how he debated about manual v automatic. Like jpr, I'm interested in basically a disposable car, to learn on. I doubt I'll spend much money on finishing, or upgrades. Would definitely like to autocross it, though.
  9. 1

Base Model Performance

Just saw the Goblin on Goonzquad, and found this forum as a result. I'm an aircraft mechanic, and I'm not far from retirement, and I've been planning to build and race vintage cars as a hobby. My last race experience was go karts in high school, so when I saw the Goblin, I realized there...