Search results

1. Ark :D

Fingerprint Starter setup - Goblin #187

Hello all, I recently designed and installed a fingerprint starter setup for my Goblin. Thread index: Parts List - post #1 Fingerprint sensor assembly detail - post #2 Immobilizer bypass installation - post #3 Final pics/video - post #4 Methodology: I have wanted to install a fingerprint...
  2. Ark :D

Great donor in South Dakota

https://www.iaai.com/VehicleDetail/38412184~US 2009 SS/TC, 82k miles, rollover, R&D. I'd be shocked if this one goes for more than $1k.
  3. Ark :D

Considering building a FFR Mk4 roadster (lord help me)

I'm considering building a FFR Mk4 roadster using a wrecked 2011-2014 Mustang GT donor, and as such, I've been watching Coyote donors over the past week to gauge going rate. I saw one sell today in my state, for $3,225. It was a run-and-drive, front end wreck. Looked ugly but apparently all...
  4. Ark :D

"Sticky" brake lights

Noticed this morning on my way in to work, that my brake lights are "sticking" on, a bit. Every time I brake, they stay on for a little while after I let off the pedal to accelerate again, and they may or may not go off. I cannot adequately say at this point, whether jiggling the pedal helps...
  5. Ark :D

[SOLD] HP Tuners MPVI2 - $250

Hello fellow Goblineers. I am looking to recoup my costs on this HP Tuners MPVI2. I'm 100% satisfied with my tune as-is and don't see myself dabbling any further into tuning, so I am fine with passing this unit on to someone else. New MPVI2's cannot be found at this point; HP Tuners only...
  6. Ark :D

Happy Birthday, Rttoys

Happy Birthday @Rttoys , I baked you a cake.
  7. Ark :D

Am I missing something here?

As seen in the Facebook "DF Goblin Owners Group"; What am I missing? What makes this build the "stupidest goblin build"? Looks like a fine A/T to me. I'd ask but it's my wife's FB and don't want to start trouble on her account, ya know?
  8. Ark :D

Potentially nice LNF donor located in NC, $2000

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1098842811006975 Unfortunately, it's immobile due to a transmission problem, but it'd make a nice donor in this day and age of inflated-price used cars.
  9. Ark :D

DF Goblin #187 - Ride Along

Hey guys. I pulled down the original video and replaced it with a new version that has audio. The external mic worked pretty well, I think. Again, I know this is not exciting material for anyone that drives one of these cars daily, or in auto-x or track. But the target of these videos is...
  10. Ark :D

Anti-Theft Thread (Don't steal my wheels!)

Let's use this thread to present our thoughts on preventing the theft of our hard work, our Goblins. I don't know how this has never occurred to me before ... but think about it for a sec. For those of us with manual transmissions, what exactly is preventing someone from just hopping in the...
  11. Ark :D

Seeking a very specific picture

Hello, Anyone that happens to have a moment and a camera, can you please do me a favor and post a pic of the front top suspension arm, where the Heim joint turns into it and attaches to the DF wheel hub? Either side is fine. I am specifically wanting to see the threads of the Heim joint...
  12. Ark :D

Just saw this car...

Just saw this (exact) car, sitting in the parking lot in a shopping center in my little backwater town of Willow Street, PA. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2018-velocity-exo/ Pretty sweet. The idea of an open diff in a V8 terrifies me though. I did not expect to find out it was a 4.2L V8...
  13. Ark :D

Memory Lane

I replaced my phone this past weekend because, stupid me, I dropped my old one a few months back and cracked the screen. It was approaching 3 years old anyway, and while it galls me to ever replace a working phone, Xfinity was offering a $300 prepaid card to replace your phone with a new...
  14. Ark :D

Goonzquad gets the Goblin out for a little rippin'

They're rebuilding a Tesla Model X, but they dug the Goblin out and gave it some road time. It hurts me a bit that they leave the Goblin, forgotten and buried in their garage, but I guess if I want to be real about it, I might do the same thing if I had a Lamborghini, Ferrari(s), Viper...
  15. Ark :D

It's just a Cobalt, guys...

I'm always amused when I see these types of comments. We're not taking apart a Lamborghini here, people ... it's just a Cobalt. Aidan, whoever you are on the DF forum, if you're here ... don't worry about ripping apart a wrecked SS/TC sedan, you're about to help it evolve into something bigger...
  16. Ark :D

L23O shifter hardware kit, just cover shipping $$$

So a while back, Lonny and Adam acquired some hardware bits and assembled them into a kit to replace the plastic clasps on the stock Cobalt shifter. They sold these through their web store for $45 + shipping. I picked one up ... but then @SACTX set up his brilliant solid shifter group buy, and...
  17. Ark :D

400# springs on the front, #300 springs on the back

An edit: New builders who opt for the BC Racing coilover option for their Goblin, you put the 400# springs on the front and the 300# springs on the back. New builders who opt to use the Cobalt struts on the rear suspension, you put the 300# springs that come with your kit on the front, and cut...
  18. Ark :D

Audio Options

I was thinking about audio options for the Goblin this morning and thought it might be nice to have a focal point on the forum (this thread) where we can lay out our audio options and discuss pros/cons, and maybe give each other some ideas. Through my late teens and 20's, I was pretty into car...
  19. Ark :D

2009 SS/TC donor for you Texans

Here's a good-looking LNF donor for people willing to travel to Dallas. 119k miles, light rear-end damage, lots of sellables. https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/38355078?RowNumber=43
  20. Ark :D

Winter Weather Thread