Search results

1. Batlwagn

Registering in NC

Just wait until they make you get a surety bond to title it, then appraisal fees, inspector ass ache etc. NC seems to over complicate this process for some reason
  2. Batlwagn

BAustin's Extended Track - 06 SS/SC Donor - #157 Registered

Yeah, this whole thing with North Carolina has been a PITA. I did all the requisite paperwork an inspections mailed everything in a months went by with nothing. I contacted DMV and they said oh yeah the regs have changed now you need to redo the appraisals. WTF!? So my appraisals guy fixed the...
  3. Batlwagn

BAustin's Extended Track - 06 SS/SC Donor - #157 Registered

Don't feel bad I'm still waiting on my title from August:mad:
  4. Batlwagn

Any Interest In A meet Up In East Central Area

Come to NC there are a few goblins down here. We can go drive the mountains when it warms up
  5. Batlwagn

Registering in NC

Yeah, I had the appraisal guy make me an appraisal for 20k so I didn't get wacked that bad my bond was for 30,750. I'm in Lincoln county just north west of Charlotte. I just think its nonsense because I had the title from the original owner and bill of sale. It wasn't as though I lost the...
  6. Batlwagn

Registering in NC

Yeah, 600 for highway use tax. She said "that will be 841.xx and I was like excuse me?!"
  7. Batlwagn

Registering in NC

Well I'll save you all the additional expletives but after about 40 minutes and $841.00!!!! I am 100% NC legal. The most expensive "cheap toy" ever
  8. Batlwagn

Registering in NC

Well, I'd like to send a big F.U. to the state of NC. Appraisals were $500.00, bond was $468.00, lord knows what the DMV is going to beat me over the head for in taxes. Once I get this stuff printed and over to the tag office I'll let you know the final tally for this misuse of power by the...
  9. Batlwagn

Front Wing

If nothing else it would at least reduced drag or decrease lift
  10. Batlwagn

Front Wing

My thoughts are that the front tires are essentially just crashing into the on coming air at this point
  11. Batlwagn

Front Wing

Sweet mother of all the curse words
  12. Batlwagn

Front Wing

Hmm...I wonder if we could design a QD mount similar to what they use for front bumpers? Use a few of these to secure the wing to the hood/chassis and just push the buttons when you need to detach...
  13. Batlwagn

Front Wing

Pardon my ignorance on the subject. I'd love to do a front wing as well as a rear diffuser. Would it not be better to extend the wing in front of the tires as well?
  14. Batlwagn

Aluminum Oxidation Cleaning

I bought a cheap set of brushes from Advanced auto parts, I used those and some green 3M scouring pads
  15. Batlwagn

"Fire wall" stolen from George

Okay, short test drive update. I ran to the grocery store yesterday with the new ball chiller installed. Notably less radiator heat while driving, the biggest issue I was trying to remedy was while at speed having 185 degree air off the radiator blowing into the passenger area. I seem to have...
  16. Batlwagn

"Fire wall" stolen from George

This is V1 of the ball chiller(I hope). Going to take a test rip in a minute and see if it works. I stolen this idea from another member @George
  17. Batlwagn

Registering in NC

How'd you manage that?! I've got the title from the previous owner and they said I still need a bond. ARGH WTF?!?!
  18. Batlwagn

Registering in NC

Did you have to get a bond for your title? If so where did you get one? I'm trying to get a bond and a couple of appraisals now. Just got my NC VIN sticker last week now I need the other stuff to complete the process at DMV
  19. Batlwagn

FUDGE YEAH!:cool:
  20. Batlwagn

Scotch Brite and a bunch of elbow grease