Search results

1. M

Quebec/canada registration

It’s not a Canadian problem other than getting the kit across customs, it’s a provincial problem. I’ve heard about someone in Ontario that has one registered but that’s the only one that I know of. Mandan is in Manitoba as am I and I’ve be waiting to see if he’ll be able to have his registered...
  2. M

ManDan’s city goblin-09 LS donor

I’m in Manitoba I’ve been waiting to order as well. I have two SS S/C cars an 06 & 07. Our public insurance company is difficult to deal with. Dan was planning to attempt to have his Goblin inspected this past spring but Covid happened shutting everything down. Hopefully he’s able to get it done...
  3. M

Where are you located?
  4. M

Coronavirus and DF Kit Car

Things are looking bleak on this Planet of ours. We all need to follow the rules that the government medical professionals are laying out for us. Up here in Canada we have some hotspots. Mostly on the west and east side of our country, but where I am in central Canada (Manitoba) we’re doing...
  5. M

After discovering this writen directions i noticed something i might have done wrong.

The 06 will be the donor for the engine and everything else but I’ll probably take LSD from the 07. Unless I find a newer turbo but I’m happy with SC nevertheless. I’ve been able to get these cars for very good prices and I’m still looking for others. Both these cars have 230,000 KM (142,000 M).
  6. M

After discovering this writen directions i noticed something i might have done wrong.

That’s a very good option, I’ll need to research if the removable wheel will cause problems with registration. It could always be installed afterwards. Thank you all for the input. I’ve now invested it three Cobalts, an 06 & 07 SS-SC both good driving cars. And an 08 Sport (daily driver) so much...
  7. M

Off topic question if I can? I’ve been wondering if the tilt steering remains when in the Goblin? I’ll be pulling the trigger this summer Hopefully and the tilt will help with getting in and out of the seat.
  8. M

Good Canadian fun right there!!!
  9. M

Can a 2.4 N/A engine be converted to a supercharged 2.4 with a SC from a 2006 2.0?

Yes it is a very good donor! It’s a SS SC 5 speed standard. This will be my goblin car but I also have an 08 sport with a 2.4 NA Automatic that’s a daily driver. So I’m going to “Up grade” the Sport. Looking forward to getting at it.
  10. M

Wiring Harness Part 1 - Stripping the Main Harness

This will help me out a lot. When do you plan on having the next video out?
  11. M

Can a 2.4 N/A engine be converted to a supercharged 2.4 with a SC from a 2006 2.0?

Well I was able to acquire the 06 SS Supercharged. Turns out it was a young lady’s car and it’s in very good condition except for the lower spoiler in the front where she made contact with the ditch pushing the rads back against the engine. With a slight tug back some clearance was achieved a...
  12. M

Thanks Wes, the details you provided are valuable and I will have the complete car to work with. Sounds like you’ve done exactly what I’m asking. I see Nukers point with using a kit for adding a Supercharger to the engine when starting from scratch with nothing else to work with, but that’s not...
  13. M

Yes the ZZP kit makes it possible, I’m wondering if the parts from the 06 could be reused to supercharge the 2.4L?
  14. M

Can a 2.4 N/A engine be converted to a supercharged 2.4 with a SC from a 2006 2.0? And can the auto transmission be replaced with the standard from the same 06? I’ve got a low mileage 08 Sport and can get the 06 SS/SC for cheap. Wondering if the changes are possible without to much effort.
  15. M

Windshield and fenders look awesome! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for ya with Autopac! I think it should go well may have to jump through a couple of hoops to make them feel good, but overall it’s better than lots that I’ve seen out on our roads.
  16. M

Well I made it over there today with my grandson.... it was impressive to see the build. Dan has done a ton of personal touches on his Goblin. I'm glad that we went to see it because it confirmed what I was thinking, I'll be ordering a city chaise extended with easy entry. I'm a good sized guy...
  17. M

Congratulations Dan, you did a fantastic job there! (And quick!!) Marcel here BTW from up the highway. How close are you to registration with Autopac? I have my donor (08 Sport Automatic) parked in my shop but it's such good shape I'm going to drive it it for a few months to see how everything...
  18. M

Detailed donor parts list

Hey thanks, yes it’s a chip key had it cut at the dealership with the vin. I’m not familiar with the tool you mentioned but a friend felt pretty confident that he could get it done with the tech2 he has. If not then I’ll look into what you suggested. I appreciate the feedback. I’ll let you know...
  19. M

Detailed donor parts list

Yes I’ve tried it a few times. I’ve spoken with a friend who has knowledge of this and he’s said the same thing about the Tech 2 scanner. He’s got one and he’s going to help me out.