Search results

1. mnKevin

mnKevin (city, extended) 08 SS/TC #172

First drive today around the neighborhood. Hard shifting to 2nd but reverse was no problem. I slotted the holes for shifter cable bracket on the trans so cables are straight. Lots of smoke off the new ZFR turbo but no leaks anywhere and runs with no issues. The wrap color is still in the...
  2. mnKevin

TC A/C delete accessory belt length or part number?

I got a 34.5” belt of rock auto. It was too short for my 2008 TC. Ended up making two runs to Napa and came up with a 35 5/8” that worked.
  3. mnKevin

OptimizePrime's Build | '10 SS/TC #168 | Registered

Not sure if this helps or if it’s related to the recall on the part. But sounds like it’s not contacting the ignition switch plate properly.
  4. mnKevin

Sweet! Summer can’t come soon enough. I will be taking it to Brainerd to see what I can get away with.
  5. mnKevin

So tempting to turn the key. Needs fluids and intake and it will be ready to run!
  6. mnKevin

Update on the build Wire harness complete and installed. Just finishing up wrapping engine harness after cutting out the unused wires. Stripped and cleaned the engine and trans. Installed aluminum flywheel and south bend stage 4 clutch. Mounted the engine in the frame, installed fuel pump...
  7. mnKevin

Jeffrey's City Goblin SS Turbo Illusion Purple

It’s possible, it’s a gray wire that connects multiple functions like hazards and fog lights. Connects to white bcm plug
  8. mnKevin

Thermostat Housing Delete on 2.0L/2.2L/2.4L/L61/LE5/LSJ/LNF

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CBM-10813-ECOTEC-2-2L-2-4L-L61-LE5-BILLET-REMOTE-OIL-COOLER-FILTER-ADAPTER/293213909993?epid=2195369603&hash=item4444e933e9:g:b20AAOSwZnRdSe1F Would this help with cooling the oil enough? Or also found a plate that replaces the oil cooler with fittings to go to...
  9. mnKevin

DF Surprise on Facebook ???!?!?!?!?!!!!

I’m referring to the Can-Am (see them everywhere by me and I live near and have installed dynos at Polaris R&D)
  10. mnKevin

DF Surprise on Facebook ???!?!?!?!?!!!!

Spoiler? will there be a kit for our Canadian friends?
  11. mnKevin

Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

Assembly time!!!!!! Looks awesome. Mine was $650 frame and 15 parts. Blasted and two coats.
  12. mnKevin

Silicone heater hose looks like a good solution and maybe an upgrade. Would look amazing too, being a smaller OD helps the only concern would be being able to crush to fit in the pipe, silicone is not as pliable as rubber but add enough heat even metal bends easier
  13. mnKevin

I bought the donor with just under 100k. And now it has about 140k. After cleaning the surface rust I use POR 15 paint prep, put a fan on it,than alcohol rattle can rust-oleum automotive primer than gloss protective enamel, some parts get rubberized coating. I tried other brands from...
  14. mnKevin

Yeah 2 weeks into it now. Lots of help from my 2 year old lol. So I put up a projector in the garage and she watches build videos with me.
  15. mnKevin

I spent two nights fighting pulling hoses through the tubes. Tried everything that was posted about it. I made a drill winch like the one DF sells and the hose keeps ripping apart at the ring. I ripped about 2’ of chunks off. So gave up on that and put the frame on saw horses, started...
  16. mnKevin

Thanks, the frame color is cobalt blue metallic, came out amazing. The powder coater was excited to get on it, had the frame back home in 3 days. The donor parts cleaned up quick with grinder and wire wheel, rust disolver helps for any pitting. I got all parts painted including brake lines.
  17. mnKevin

Hey guys, starting my build log. I live 45 minutes north of Minneapolis MN. I been in the shadows watching and learning from everyone. Finally took the plunge and ordered my kit early September after visiting Red Oak TX. I got my donor spring 2017 it is 08 ss tc with few mods at 24psi. My...