Search results

1. D

My experience with Moog control arm bushings

Like most builders, I took the suggestion from others to buy rear lower control arms with the Moog semi-spherical bushings to limit movement on the rear axis. About a year later, I also bought a set for my beater, a 2004 Dream Cruiser (5 speed turbo) thinking it would be the last set of...
  2. D

Shifter no longer needed

Not needed anymore. Thanks. I'm doing some experimenting and would like to obtain a shifter assembly out of an F23 transmission equipped Cobalt. PM me with price shipped to 53913.
  3. D

Timing guide wear. What would cause this?

My motor has had a noise recently at certain RPM and engine temperatures. It has gotten more frequent and repeatable lately, so I pulled the valve cover and found wear on the top timing chain guide from the chain pins. This is a stcok internal 2.2 LAP supercharged with about 5k miles on a...
  4. D

Supercharged LAP tuning thread

Now that there's a solid handful of supercharged LAP Goblins, I'd like to start a thread for their specific tuning. I'm having an issue right now and would like to see how others have handled it. My donor was a 2009 G5. Has an M62 supercharger with 2.9 pulley, dual pass and 42lb injectors. I...
  5. D

FYI: 10" brakes work on the front

This is going to sound backwards to some people, but in the quest of clearing the brakes with 15" RPF1s, Adam turned me onto the fact that the 10" base model brakes fit on the front uprights with slight modification to the front hubs. I was using cheap 4x100 x 1" spacers and was looking to get...
  6. D

Not for sale anymore.

This morning, I found out there's no way to make a Goblin legal in WI. I'm still debating going Montana route, but I'd be near the end of Goblin season and I'm feeling like moving on. I'm sure Wisconsin would find a way to get it off the road no matter what. Donor was an 09 Pontiac G5 with the...
  7. D

Front shocks for sale

I have a set of front shocks that I used for about 500 miles. No problems at all, I swapped for longer ones. Includes all parts, but no springs. One shock has a nick at the bottom. It came from QA1 like that and doesn't affect anything. Ships packaged as shown. Looking for $120 shipped.
  8. D

Higher ride height

Has anyone gotten longer front shocks to gain some ride height? It looks like QA1 PN: DS403 is an inch longer. I'm nearly all the way up on my current ones; only have about 1/2" extend travel when sitting on flat level surface. The roads around here are pretty trashed. My wife scraped a bit...
  9. D

Is this where this goes?

10. D

Need fuel pump pigtail PN

Hey everyone, I have a 2009 LAP engine with CARB emissions, so I was not able to reuse my fuel pump. I got this fuel pump. I am now in need of the correct pigtail connector. I've tried two different ones. A cheap Ebay one and a Dorman PN: 645925 Let me know if anyone has the correct one! Thanks!
  11. D

Smog/ air injection pump

Not coming up with much while searching. It would appear that the smog/air pump indicates my G5 is a California car. Is that correct?
  12. D

Dsteinhorst's WI city build 09 2.2 #182 MT Registered Now with boost

Hello, everyone. Just want to introduce myself. I just put in my order, chassis #182. I've been following the Goblin for about 18 months and finally pulled the trigger. What sparked my interest was the Caterham Super Seven. After research, the Goblin seemed like the most attainable kit car...