Search results

1. Brian74

Need a Few Pics

If someone would be kind enough, I just need to see the orientation of the cowling & angle in relation to the radiator support. Here are some examples of the angles I need.
  2. Brian74

Quick picture needed…

Need a top down photo of the right front tire with the steering at full left lock, and another pic with it at full right lock. TIA
  3. Brian74

Goblin CAD Drawings

Are there any CAD drawings/files of the Goblin available anywhere? Particularly the front end section of the frame with the removable radiator bulkhead. I’m doubting there is anything available, but it never hurts to ask.
  4. Brian74

SS Heat Exchanger

Just curious what methods people have used to wire up the cooling fan for the heat exchanger on the SS donor Goblins.
  5. Brian74

What made you decide to build a Goblin?

Lots of kit cars out there… Everyone has their own motive, skill level and perspective when weighing the pros & cons; before deciding to pull the trigger on a project like this. It obviously requires both a time and $ commitment. What was it specifically about the Goblin that made you decide...
  6. Brian74

What is your biggest complaint/challenge about building your Goblin?

What has been the most challenging part of your build so far?
  7. Brian74

Air Pump and Other Emissions Equipment on the Goblin

Was just contemplating, for purpose of potential resale out of state later.... Are any of the states requiring the Goblin to retain any of the factory emissions equipment (ie:air injection, evap, ect.) beyond the catalytic converter?
  8. Brian74

Upright Hardware

I have determined that I received the wrong nuts & bolts for my uprights. Nuts are not Nylok and the bolts are 2” course thread. Can anybody clarify the proper length of the 3/8” bolts and whether they are fine or course thread? I’m kinda surprised. This is definitely not hardware that someone...
  9. Brian74

Any Alabama Goblins?

Particularly Dothan area?
  10. Brian74

Air Filter Size

What size air filter are you running? Has anyone done the math yet as far as CID, VE with full boost to determine the CFM requirements for their air filter? If so, would like to compare notes, especially for turbocharged engines. There seems to be an interesting bit of engineering math...
  11. Brian74

Exhaust Cutouts

I’m just about done with my intake design, so moving to exhaust. Its kind of a Kindig trademark these days, and I got interested in it after seeing how many they install. I want to run one, as I’m after a very factory built, functional design. This would allow me to run as quiet of an...
  12. Brian74

Adjustable Sway Bar Links

I know the gentleman in here with the badass green full track Goblin is running them. Just looking for brand name and part number. Thanks in advance.
  13. Brian74

Firewall Mounting Options

Did anyone else use something other than rivets? Contemplating stainless rivnuts as I like the ability to remove stuff later on if need be. Any better ideas?
  14. Brian74

Turbo rear left cowling installation

Preparing to trim the left engine cover. Is there some secret trick or strategy I’m missing here? There seems no way of installing the left side without first completely removing the fuse box cover (thus keeping it off), and then still a high potential of destroying any vinyl wrap job while...
  15. Brian74

Picture request...

Anyone with a finished turbo car; can I get a picture aft passenger side, facing down (per my example) Thanks!
  16. Brian74

Finished car CG reference point for non-extended frame

Has anyone found and marked theirs yet? If so, any pics of approximate location? Thanks, if you have any.
  17. Brian74

Need some pedal pics.

Going to fabricate some new pedal brackets for my aluminum pedals. This is the one opportunity I get to adjust for any offset or spacing. Need a couple of pics of the pedals from a finished car. Preferably one front view and one side view showing the comparative pedal height. Thanks.
  18. Brian74

E brake pictures?

Looking on to my next fabrication, which will be a center console / housing for the shifter. Can I please get some pictures of finished e-brakes at the approximate angle in which I’ve given in my example? This will greatly help me with working through some of my dimensions. Thanks!
  19. Brian74

Pedal location, general opinions...

Are you guys happy with the spacing/distance/height of the pedals? If you could change the position of them, what would you do?
  20. Brian74

Front cowling mounts.

I try to stay a step or two ahead of what I’m currently working on. I need to decide on a mounting solution for the side panels (I don’t do rivets). I also want to figure out a better way to mount the front cowling. I am using the quick release ball-end fasteners at the top end, but I feel like...