Search results

1. B

Insurance Questions

My insurance provider will only give liability and not comprehensive on my Goblin. I contacted Hagerty who said they don't cover this kind of car. I tried to convince them that they already have covered Goblins, but they wouldn't listen. Anyone have any good alternatives?
  2. B

Insurance Qjestions

My insurance provider covers my other three cars, and will only provide liability but no comprehensive. I contacted Hagerty and they said they don't do this kind of car. Tried to tell them they already have, but they weren't convinced. Anyone have any good alternatives?
  3. B

Ready to start, but. . .

I think I have gotten it all together, but I am getting no response from the starter. I have jumped the fuel pump relay and it is good. I have lights (except for backup lights, not a major concern), and I have lights and messages on the dash. The messages are, in no particular order, 'engine...
  4. B

Where does the other end of this cable connect?

I thought the other end of this cable connected to the starter, but experience and advice have taught me different. It is hanging loose in the area of the starter. What does it connect to?
  5. B

Installing starter

I had to get a new starter, long story and not very funny, and I don't remember how to attach the wires. I have a small 'switch' wire, and I know it goes to the small connector in the middle. I have a big power wire coming from the battery, a wire coming from the alternator, and one coming from...
  6. B

Which do I jump for the fuel pump?

I could not tell from the videos where to jump the fuel pump. Could someone point out where exactly this is done?
  7. B

Jumping the fuel pump

Which pins do I use to jump the fuel pump? Which video covers that?
  8. B

Chattering relays when trying to start

I had the electric system up and running, lights, etc., and the starter would crank the engine. I put gas in it and cranked for a while, fingers slipped on the key, and when I cranked it again I got relay chatter from the bcm and from the ecm, and of course the starter did not turn over. Battery...
  9. B

No brake pedal pressure

I have brake fluid coming out of the bleeder valves at all 4 corners, but I have no pressure at the brake pedal. I have found and tightened some leaks in the lines. I see no obvious leaks, and I do have brake lights. What is my next step?
  10. B

Re-running emergency brake cable through metal pipe

Is there a trick for this? I bought new cables and I can't get them through the pipe. The knob on the end will not go through that first bend. And I just want to confirm that the pointed knob goes on the brake and the flat-ended one goes to the handle.
  11. B

Installing 5-point seat belts

With trial and error I figured how to install the DF supplied Corbeau seats, but I can't see how to install the belts. Does anyone have pics of where the belts attach? Do the shoulder and lap belts connect? Does the 'crotch' belt (for lack of a better name) connect to the other belts? For...
  12. B

Drive axle clip

I could not get the right drive axle to go all the way in so I pulled it, and the small clip has enough slop in it to block it from going in. If I install the axle without the clip it goes in like it should. The clip looks broken to me. Do I need the clip? Do I need to have a new one installed?
  13. B

Front fender bracket

Does the long arm go to the front or back?
  14. B

Wiring rear lights

The rear lights have three wires, red, black and white, and the harness has four, yellow (l), dark green (r), light green, brown and black. How do I connect them?
  15. B

Rear strut questions

I have a clearance issue with the strut. The top cap is in contact with one of the bolts on the mount and is throwing the spring off. Also if I use the DF supplied spacer there are not enough threads to catch the shock.
  16. B

Routing for auto shifter cable

How is the automatic cable routed? Since the cable comes out of the front of the shifter it has to double back on itself to get to the rear. I thought about mounting the shifter backwards, maybe (joking, of course, sometimes it is hard to tell on here!).
  17. B

Wrong size calipers?

The holes don't line up for the front (now rear) knuckle and the DF supplied rear brake caliper with the emergency option. What are my options?
  18. B

Cut the donor turn signal?

I don't understand how to get the turn signal switch from the donor attached to the steering column. I have seen the pictures where it is on that last piece with the bars, but other than cutting the switch I don't see how it fits, and even if I cut it I don't see where or how to attach it to the...
  19. B

Brake reservoir mounting questions

1. I am guessing that the'oval' shaped plugs go into the master cylinder. To get the rubber gaskets to go in I had to use a little tire wet, and they slipped right in. I can now get them in and out by hand since they are slick. Is that a problem? Are they under pressure? 2. What does the...
  20. B

Barichuk City Goblin - 07 SS/na auto

When the covid thing started I was put on furlough with my employer, and found myself with not much to do. I have always been a fan of the VW and the MGTD kit. I had been researching the Goblin, and after cleaning the garage three times and pacing the house,my wife said "Find something to do!"...