1. ccgillett

Coffee & Cars

You can have 1 Ford GT Mk-4, or 85 Goblins.... :cool:
  2. ccgillett

Radiator Petcock

Cool thanks, that's what I wanted to hear! :cool:
  3. ccgillett

Radiator Petcock

Dusting off this thread, a lot of parts for my car have been sitting for years. I filled the cooling system for the first time yesterday and have a few drips per hour coming from the petcock. I'm assuming the o-ring or gasket is dried out. Is that a standard part I can buy anywhere, or do I...
  4. ccgillett

ccgillett's Track Goblin - '08 SS/TC

Awesome, thank you!
  5. ccgillett

Yup this appears to be the case.
  6. ccgillett

Closer and closer...the fusebox bracket/holder are installed, bunch of connectors are hooked up. I'm waiting for a fusebox from a recycler in Connecticut to show up by Thursday - there I will find the bottoms to the multi-plugs so that I can install the fusebox "by the book". Looks like I...
  7. ccgillett

Goblin Front Splitter Group buy

Any chance to pile on to this and get one with the heat exchanger cutouts?
  8. ccgillett

Front splitter installation and reviews

These are great instructions, thanks for sharing. Question: where did that shroud/scoop protecting the heat exchanger come from? I don't think it's a DF part right? It looks like again something I can't live without :cool:
  9. ccgillett

Yeah, I really don't want to pay $109 for a what is probably $5 in plastic pieces...I'll only go that route if/when I blow something up getting this thing fully wired :-D . I'll lay it all out tonight and see if I can't get the plugs inserted cleaning into the fusebox. I did check around with...
  10. ccgillett

I figured this out, but now I have a bigger mystery. In my previous post I was whining about the plugs not clicking into place and the wires being in the way. I was tired when I wrote this, my realization today is that the bottoms of several multiplugs (the part that "clicks into" the fusebox...
  11. ccgillett

Thanks very much, this is helpful. I'll re-position the harness tomorrow and maybe remove some tape to thin things down. I appreciate your photos a lot.
  12. ccgillett

After a few weeks of forced time away from the car (i.e. my daily job), I'm working this weekend on the fusebox. After fabricating a support to get the box above transmission and away from those mechanicals, and putting together a clamp to hold the other side of the box it's finally installed...
  13. ccgillett

Good lord I didn't even notice that....good call out on this! I will remove the muffler and try the "dimpling" approach first before I grind the flange.
  14. ccgillett

So my Mark-1 Eyeball thinks these flanges are straight, but when I try to fit them up I see this. I've tried 3 times to put tighten these flush, going round-robin like I was tuning a drum. Still....any thoughts about what I'm doing wrong here? If you look carefully the bottom looks flush and...
  15. ccgillett

Is the DF-sourced muffler *really* difficult to attach to the turbo exhaust outlet? I thought this would be a quick 15 minute job, and an hour later I'm sweating like a pig and thinking a need a bigger lever. I can't seem to close the gap at the top, it's about 1/8" and I've tightened the...
  16. ccgillett

As my wife would politely say..."Oh what the fluff"! The flourescent lights I installed 18 years ago (super sketchy EBay purchase lol) failed yesterday and came down. Thankfully I was in the garage working on the car at the time, and even more thankfully it was a "slow and gentle" fail so I...
  17. ccgillett

Doug's 23 Goblin

Great job on the paint/finish work. That color is really spectacular - and props on the engine cover and other pieces. Great work!
  18. ccgillett

So what’s this?

Rush SRs are not road legal and could not be made so, they are straight-up race cars. Radical do make some cars that are road legal, but not sure how difficult they are to import or get through state inspections in the US (Radical is a UK company). 50 hours is a number I've been quoted on...