Search results

1. ccgillett

Passenger Side Foot Plate & BCM relocation

Looking at photos of recent builds, I see a foot plate on the passenger side ahead of the fuse box. Has this piece always come with the kit? I have one of the first chassis (#13) which I bought as a work-in-progress, and I don't seem to have this plate. If it's a recent addition to the kit...
  2. ccgillett

Front Rotor Dimension or Part Number?

As some might know, I bought Chassis #13 as a work in progress. This is a standard-length race chassis, turbo-charged LNF engine, 2008 SS/TC donor The prior owner put the gigantic Brembo front brakes on the car. Two issues there: (1) I think the car will be massively over-braked with that...
  3. ccgillett

ccgillett's Track Goblin - '08 SS/TC

Since the car is in my garage now I think it's time to start a build thread for the continuation (and hopefully completion) of chassis #13. I purchased this car as a work-in-progress from a builder here on the forum. It was previously located in Austin, TX and has now been moved to Westford...
  4. ccgillett

Windscreen: Worth the money, or roll your own?

I'm starting to put together the parts list needed to get #13 whipped into shape. I'm trying to decide if the windscreen is worth the money, or if I should fabricate something that attaches to the cage? Were I to roll my own I would use shaft collars with wrench flats, drill/tap a hole in...
  5. ccgillett

Fuel cell replacement for fuel tank

Hi All: Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere and I missed it in my searches. If so please point me in the right direction. I'm purchasing a mostly-build Goblin race chassis (turbocharged LNF, manual trans from '08 SS donor). Car will arrive in running/driving condition, but I'll be...