Search results

1. CaptFrank2001

Florida Goblins

If you know when you will be at the I-10 & I-75 intersection (Lake City). I will drive over in my Goblin and meet you for a meal. I am about 3 hours from your destination.
  2. CaptFrank2001

Florida Goblins

If you get anywhere near the I-10 & I-75 intersection (Lake City) I will meet up with you. I live 18 miles from there.
  3. CaptFrank2001

Frank's Florida Street Goblin Build (#227) - 06 SS, 2.4L donor

I'm the only one one that didn't spend $50k plus on their car and can still afford a few luxuries. And I'm the only one without a roof.
  4. CaptFrank2001

Out to another local Car show here in North Central Florida. Very nice weather yesterday but Hurricane "IAN" is headed my way.
  5. CaptFrank2001

Successful Florida registration 4/28/22

I am 150 miles north of Palm Harbor. I am 15 miles from the I-10 & I-75 intersection (Lake City). If you pass that way I will drive my Goblin over to meet up for a meal. Have a safe trip.
  6. CaptFrank2001

5x114.3 Bearing Hubs

I can't give you exact info until I return home (at a Navy Submarine Vet. reunion). I have 9" rims with 245's up front & 275's in the rear. I have NO clearance issues. I can add some pictures when I return home next week.
  7. CaptFrank2001

5x114.3 Bearing Hubs

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/ This is the data I supplied to them: HC to Car WC to Wheel Studs: 12x1.5 Car Pattern: 5x110 Wheel Pattern: 5 by 114.3 Car Bore: 65.1 Wheel Bore: 73.1 Thickness: 32mm
  8. CaptFrank2001

5x114.3 Bearing Hubs

Since I wanted wider tires on 9" rims I just had custom 32mm adapters made. Converting the 5x110 to the 5x114.3
  9. CaptFrank2001

Quickest build?

Working alone It took me 8 days to get the car together & drive it around the yard. Of course that does not count the time to get the frame, prep it & get it powder-coated. I had everything else prepped & painted and it was pretty much just a bolt together process. Getting the hood & sides...
  10. CaptFrank2001

I found this setup on Ebay and am running it in my 2.4 NA. No issues. I believe Stage-2 is rated for 411 Ft/Lb of Torque.
  11. CaptFrank2001

They are and they are not. I have the stock "wide" fenders on the front on my 245's. In back I took a set of "wide" fenders, cut them in half and added a 1-1/2" strip down the middle to fit the 275's. Then wrapped in Carbon Fiber.
  12. CaptFrank2001

Florida Vanity Tag - Finally received my tag today. On the "Submarine Veteran" tag you can only get five characters max so I had to be creative. Looks pretty good to me !!!
  13. CaptFrank2001

Release of Liability

I sold a partially built "homebuilt" KR-2 airplane many years ago. I had the buyer sign that I sold it to him to be used as a "Static Display" model only (not meant for flight). Anything he did beyond that was on him. Good idea to protect yourself. People are sue crazy.
  14. CaptFrank2001

Instrument Dimmer

That is how mine works. Withe the headlights in AUTO or ON the instrument lights are dim. When I manually turn the headlights to OFF the instrument lights get bright. No matter what I do to the "Ambient Light" sensor, nothing changes. Also tried another sensor & no change. It would be...
  15. CaptFrank2001

Instrument Dimmer

The video shows the Purple & Green dimmer switch wires to be soldered together. This has been done so I assume this is setting it for max brightness which I do not have.
  16. CaptFrank2001

Instrument Dimmer

Yes, I have a new Ambient Light Sensor. If I cover it up nothing changes.
  17. CaptFrank2001

Instrument Dimmer

Is there a way to wire the dimmer for more brightness? I can not read my coolant temp, fuel range etc... in daylight.
  18. CaptFrank2001

Is this possible?

Altering or falsifying a VIN number. Section 511(a) of Title 18 makes it a felony knowingly to remove, obliterate, tamper with, or alter an identification number for a road motor vehicle or a road motor vehicle part. Section 511(b) of Title 18 creates exceptions for certain persons who engage...
  19. CaptFrank2001

Is this possible?

Don't do it. In Florida it's a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. Worst case do what I did. Tag & Title in Montana then once you have a valid title do a Florida title transfer & get a Florida Tag. You need any help feel free to...
  20. CaptFrank2001

Florida Tag / Hagerty Insurance

After many issues & problems I finally got my Florida Title late Friday afternoon. It was a battle but mission accomplished. Then yesterday I dumped Hagerty Insurance before they dumped me & went with Kelsey Bell at Virtuosic Collector Protector Insurance (630-617-9960 ... X-100). Reasonable...