Search results

1. CaptFrank2001

Instrument Dimmer

Is there a way to wire the dimmer for more brightness? I can not read my coolant temp, fuel range etc... in daylight.
  2. CaptFrank2001

Florida Tag / Hagerty Insurance

Spent 2 hours at the local Florida DMV today. My goal transfer my Montana Tag & Title to Florida. First I was sent home to get a LEO to verify the VIN, no issues. Then returned to the DMV to wait again. Finally was seen & went round & round with the lady who was actually being quite patient...
  3. CaptFrank2001

What else is in my Garage !!!

Other Builds - My Goblin shares my Garage with my Harley Heritage Softtail & my wife's CAN-AM Spyder RT. Also in there are most of my Radio Control (RC) planes, about a dozen. Two of my latest are the Opterra Wing & the F-15 Electric Ducted Fan (EDF). Where I fly is a pretty rough 20 acre...
  4. CaptFrank2001

Gas Fumes

Today had a strong odor of gas when I took the car out. No leaks anywhere but it's the first time I had a nearly full fuel tank. Gas level in the tank was about 2" from the top. Car was in the garage so it was not from sitting in the sun. Fuel tank vent seems to be proper as well. ???
  5. CaptFrank2001

MVD Express, Montana

MVD Express - 1 month ago I hired MVD Express (Montana) to get me a "Personalized License Plate" for my car. I was told 2-3 weeks was normal and that three weeks was maximum wait. Well it's been a month and nothing. I have been trying since Monday to get someone, anyone on the phone. I have...
  6. CaptFrank2001

Montana Vanity Plates

Vanity Plates - Received my standard MT Plates about a month ago & today I applied for a Vanity Plate. I used MVD Express in Missoula, MT (406-371-2000). One form to fill out the MV-8: https://dojmt.gov/wp-content/uploads/MV8-Application-for-Personalized.pdf .... The people at MVD Express were...
  7. CaptFrank2001

Missing Person?

Just saw this on Facebook & was asked to post it here. It's all the info I have.
  8. CaptFrank2001

F23 Getrag

Picked up a Zero mile (new) F23 from DF while in TX last year. I cant seem to cross reference the bar code numbers on the trans to anything (61YEJ 08175961). What is the final drive ratio? Thanks !
  9. CaptFrank2001

Montana Tag & Title

My MT Tag & Title arrived today (#227). The VIN assigned was the DF Frame number. It took close to 60 days since the first set of paperwork was supposedly lost in the mail. After sending the second set it took 43 days. PS: I think the tag with the date sticker goes in the rear .... oops !!!
  10. CaptFrank2001

Torque Spec

What is the torque spec for the banjo bolt that attaches the brake line to the Solstice E-Brake caliper. I can't find it anywhere. Thanks
  11. CaptFrank2001

Parking Brake Kit

I did not save anything from the donor & I am considering adding a parking brake (car is finished). Is the Parking Brake Kit complete or will I need to run down some additional parts? Thanks
  12. CaptFrank2001

Tune Files

Picked up the HR Tuner MPVI2. They have some Tune Files on line but none for the 2.4 NA Ecotec. Anyone know where I can find a decent Tune File for this engine? That gives me something to start with that I can tweak as needed. Thanks
  13. CaptFrank2001

Side Panels Rattling

I am having an issue with the side panels rattling. Anyone else having this issue & what did you do to correct it. Thanks
  14. CaptFrank2001

No Kit Cars in Florida !!!

Received this today ...... " Kelly, Angela <[email protected]> To:Capt. Frank Thu, May 13 at 5:03 PM I had to have someone else assist me with looking over the paperwork. Unfortunately, for this to be road-worthy and in the state of Florida, DF Kit Car would have to be registered with...
  15. CaptFrank2001

Florida Tag/Title

Florida Goblins - 4 wheel alignment on Tuesday then it's time to get it on the street. I believe I have all the paperwork in order. I understand the car has to be inspected by a FLHSMV (Florida Highway Safety & Motor Vehicle) Compliance Officer. I also understand there are 10 places in...
  16. CaptFrank2001

Removable Steering Wheel

I see a few have put in a Removable Steering Wheel. Which one is being used & how do you like it? Thanks !
  17. CaptFrank2001

Wrap

Anyone Wrap their own Goblin? I am considering this since the side panels will be easy & the fenders don't look too hard. I'm guessing if I have issues with the hood I can get a pro to do just that part.
  18. CaptFrank2001

Front Tie Rod Ends

Went to torque the front Tie Rod Ends as per the video. It says 17mm to 50 Ft Lb's. Well it's not metric, it's sae, 3/4" I believe. It will do me NO GOOD to torque them down because the nut will not seat far enough to get the cotter pin in the hole. Unless I mixed something up these are the...
  19. CaptFrank2001

Relocate key - ignition

Anyone else have a problem with their knee hitting the key while driving?
  20. CaptFrank2001

Key Issues

I have this symbol showing a lock. My key works to turn on the car but the start circuit will NOT engage. I can not find the issue. Could this be the problem?