Search results

1. G

Just in case….

Just in case something happens to me in my Goblin someday, feel free to discuss, speculate, post details or anything that might make the Goblin a safer car. It won’t be disrespectful and might do some good. If any family or friends come across the post, they will already know all of the details...
  2. G

ECM on LNF failed

It looks like I have had the ground driver for the o2 sensor 1 heater faile in my ECM. For the last couple of weeks I’ve noticed that occasionally my short term fuel trims would zero. I thought that it was an issue with the usb cable from HPT since I had some problems getting HPT to connect. New...
  3. G

Interesting GMLAN problem on 2005 Cobalt

If anyone is interested, here is a ScannerDanner video where he is troubleshooting a Module communication problem on an 05 Cobalt. You can pick up some interesting info on how the GMLAN communicates plus see why a lot of these issues are not as simple as some people would like the answers to be...
  4. G

Failed Saturn Vue EPS Controller

My EPS controller failed this weekend. The cheap potentiometer that is used to adjust the resistance failed. No part number on it but it labeled A100K which seems to be an audio (non-linear) 100k potentiometer. No listing of wattage one in. I ordered replacement on ebay rated at 1/2w so we'll...
  5. G

Footwell vent

First step in ducting outside air into the footwell.
  6. G

North Alabama & Middle Tennessee Meetup

Anyone interested in a weekend meetup sometime this summer, maybe around early June? I know of some good roads in my area, especially toward Winchester, TN (Tims Ford Lake).
  7. G

Steering snap ring

The post this afternoon about steering clearance has made me realize that that I don’t have the snap ring on the steering shaft. Does anyone have one that they can measure so I can source one before I tear into mine to fix? At least the shaft diameter if not the full groove width and groove...
  8. G

Saturn Vue Steering Install

Installed the Saturn Vue power steering unit and I’m running into the loss of data communication problem. Research on here indicates I should be able to install A 120ohm resistor on the data wires. It looks like I will connect wires 1/4 and 2/5 together and then connect the pairs with a 120ohm...
  9. G

Instrument Cluster swap

Does anyone know if the instrument clusters will interchange between SS and non-SS, particularly in the 2008-2010. My speedometer doesn’t work in mine and the non-SS are about 1/2 price of the SS. I know there are visual differences and things like the red line are different but will they...
  10. G

Alabama Registration Procedure

I finally got my registration complete today, tag in hand. I'll go into depth on the procedure when I get time to pull it altogether. It is actually pretty simple, but the important part to remember is that if you buy a motor or transmission separately, they will insist on a notarized bill of...
  11. G

Alabama & Georgia Insurance

For those interested in liability only insurance in Alabama or Georgia for their Goblin, I found an independent agent in Montgomery that can write a Liability only policy through SafeCo for a very reasonable price. She can also write a policy with American Modern and is checking on that for me...
  12. G

Weird Cold Start & Idle Problem

Sorry, long post but I've made several changes that might affect my problem. Some time along the last couple of weeks, while wrapping up loose ends and tuning, I seem to have gotten the car so it doesn't want to start cold and idles roughly when in open loop. Once it warms up it starts and...
  13. G

ABS Footwell Cover & Dash

1/8” ABS
  14. G

Rear Sway Bar, Yes or No

I had the impression that "most" of the Goblins are not running the rear sway bars but recently came across some post that leads me to to believe that might not be as true as I thought. My donor had "upgraded" sway bars that I would think are too large for this stripped down version but I can...
  15. G

Cutting Lexan/Polycarbonate for windshield

I went with DF's tall windshield, and it's obvious that it's to tall for summer use. I think I'm going to try and cut my own. For those that have cut curves in polycarbonate, what have you been using? If jigsaw, what are the details of the blade you used?
  16. G

Another Tire size Question (SQ setup?)

Just got my 17x9 Vors (offset 30) TR4 wheels in yesterday. Now it's on to ordering tires. My Goblin will likely never see a race track or autocross. For mainly back road/curvy road use, is there any reason for not going with 275/40-17 tires on all four corners? I'm not concerned with...
  17. G

Fuse Box PCB relays

Finally tracked down my High Beam Headlight, Parking Lights and it turns out my horn wasn't working either. The only PCB relay in the entire fuse box board that was working was the low beam head lights. I checked directly on the board and some of them would click put not pass the current through...
  18. G

Ambient Light Sensor Function

It seems I misplaced my ambient light sensor. I know I can pick one up for less that $15.00 but I don't believe I want to have reduced power going to my headlights anyway. If I don't have the sensor will my headlights function as normal on/off headlights? Any other problems I might encounter?
  19. G

Clutch Bleeding Problems

I worked on bleeding my brakes and clutch this weekend. I have one of the Motive Products pressure bleeders and the brakes went good, just a few minutes to do. The clutch however didn't do anything. This is on a combined reservoir and I checked that I was getting fluid to the master cylinder at...
  20. G

ATK Long Block MAP sensor

For those that purchased the the ATK LNF/LDK/LHU long block, has anyone gotten to the point that they have wired in the MAP sensor that comes on the intake with that block? Its part # 12612110 which seems to be a 4 bar map sensor from a Buick Regal Turbo and has a different wiring connector, has...