Search results

1. escapepilot

Instrument Cluster Interchangeability

Question for the electrical hive mind - Are GM clusters interchangeable between different models? Not specifically a Goblin/Cobalt question, but can a cluster from say an '09 G5 be used to replace an '06 Cobalt cluster? Is there general rule such as "if the connector matches and they are both...
  2. escapepilot

SOLD HP Tuners MPVI2+ $275

I decided to sell my Goblin before I had the courage to learn how to tune so I won't be needing this MPVI2+. New, unopened, no credits, I've never used one so I can't offer any help. You'll need to purchase two universal credits from HP Tuners to tune your Goblin.
  3. escapepilot

Fuel Capacity

1. What is the total fuel capacity of the metal tank? 2. How much of that is unusable (engine will quit before totally empty)? I was cutting it close yesterday on the way back from a show in Carolina Beach, NC. Usually, I once the gauge shows half a tank, I plan on stopping, but I was...
  4. escapepilot

I recognize those seats....

5. escapepilot

Gremlins - multiple symptoms SOLVED

Thought I had everything finally dialed in but an intermittent gremlin has popped up. First symptom- no crank. Push and dump clutch = runs fine Newly discovered symptoms - key in run position but no info in DIC (just dashes), fuel gauge = empty, turn signals don’t work key in run position...
  6. escapepilot

One Part You Wish DF Offered

What is one part you wish DF offered instead of using the Cobalt part? For me, it is a simple part - the parking brake cable tubes. They often are forgotten. Difficult to remove from a car that still has the interior. Not the right shape for the now standard extended chassis. And should be...
  7. escapepilot

SOLD - SS/SC Goblin #316 for sale, NC Title/Registration

$21,500 Approximately 1500 miles since completion, but being driven. Details about this build are on my build log - link is in my signature. North Carolina Title Double Door Bars Extended Height Windscreen Footwell Cover Quick Disconnect Steering Wheel (DF/NRG) Rear Coil Overs Third...
  8. escapepilot

SOLD

Edit - price drop. Would rather it go to a Goblin owner. I have a spare LSJ. I needed a new trans and was offered a deal on a LSJ/trans package. Now that #316 is done and I brought the 57 home, it’s time to liquidate some spare parts. It sits in the same condition as it was when I got it...
  9. escapepilot

My new project

I’ve enjoyed building my Goblin and I’m nearing its completion. I got a wild hair and looked through marketplace and saw a project that was interesting. Turned out, it was a bigger project than I wanted, but it got me thinking…and looking. So, after driving from coastal NC to near Talladega...
  10. escapepilot

Insurance

I’m in NC. I’ve been told no by USAA, Progressive, Liberty, Safeco, and Hagerty. Next on the list to check is JC Taylor 800-345-8290 and Grundy 888-647-8639. Rally isn't licensed in NC. If you are insured, post up what company you are with and an agent and contact # if you don’t mind and...
  11. escapepilot

Aluminum Cleaner

I ran out of the AlumaBright I was using to clean parts and the local store only had a product they just started carrying. Lume Bright. Before using a new product like that, I test it out on a non-important piece. I used it on one section of the broken knuckle and was amazed. No removing...
  12. escapepilot

Need help w/ GMC Door Lock Issue

I've been looking all over the net and haven't found a good answer yet and since I've seen some very complex issues solved on this forum, I'm hoping you guys can give me direction. 2017 GMC Canyon SLE 4WD w/ 2.8 Duramax. 140,000 miles Power door locks have randomly unlocked the driver's door...
  13. escapepilot

Brake Light Upgrade

The Goblin’s smaller size has me a little concerned that it might be “invisible” to some drivers. You know - the ones that don’t see motorcycles. So I came across a potential LED brake light upgrade. Think anyone will claim they didn’t see a pair of these? :p
  14. escapepilot

Wiring Harness Guide Part 5 Questions

2006 SS/SC Donor had aftermarket headlights and some front end damage. 1. I have two purple wires from the same terminal. One was already cut long ago. Other is attached to a plug that was plugged into the left headlight housing. Neither had enough wire for DRL loop. 2. Left headlight...
  15. escapepilot

Wiring Harness Guide Part 4 Question.

In Organizing the Harness Part 1 @ 7:10, it says to separate the blue and green wires and lay them over the fuse box. Is blue = center brake light and green = reverse light?
  16. escapepilot

Escapepilot’s 06 SS/SC Ext Track Build - COMPLETED

I got the build bug pretty bad in the spring and started looking for a donor. I got really lucky when a NA LS prospect didn’t let me know where to meet him when it was time so I jumped on Marketplace and found an 06 SS/SC that had only been posted about 45 minutes. It has some areas of...
  17. escapepilot

3 View Drawings or Line Art

Do 3 view drawings of the Goblin exist? I have a few different ideas for paint schemes I would like to render before committing to a base color.
  18. escapepilot

Eastern NC donors

Picked up my donor and the guy also had a 2010 LS. He’s trying to sell fast. It’s on Facebook Marketplace in Havelock NC There is also a reasonable price 2009 Sedan in Jacksonville NC Hope this helps someone find a donor.
  19. escapepilot

Donor help

I’m looking for a donor and, like everyone else, can’t find that perfect SS donor. I have found the following options but unsure which one would be the best bet for future upgrades if desired. 2007 G5 Coupe 120,xxx. $2k. 2009 Cobalt Sedan LT, 180,000. $1k. Close to the coast so probably...