Search results

1. speedhacks

Floyd's City #180 - 2006 SS/SC - 3rd Round

This is awesome Floyd! I love to see all the 90% plus fine detail items I never got to make it further along. Only thing I'd mention is those are the 3rd set of control arms (thought they were finally matching). That's craziness. Took me a bit to find matching axles as well when I bought new...
  2. speedhacks

Floyd's City #180 - 2006 SS/SC - 3rd Round

I'm so glad to know this build ended up in the right hands and look forward to all of your updates. Thank you for all of your kind words @Floyd
  3. speedhacks

SOLD #180 City LSJ Stage 3, Titled & Registered in WV

Pending right now, we're getting a 4-post lift installed in a few weeks to give some options and store 2 cars in the winter. My wife's fun car is a VW Beetle. If I can find a C8 corvette for the right price I'll probably get one. The good news (and bad news for some) is that the market for them...
  4. speedhacks

Thank you. Super bitter sweet. Loved the car but I'm sure the next car will equally put a smile on my face. It was a spray bomb job. Duplicolor metalcast anodized blue.
  5. speedhacks

SOLD: 2020 DF Kit Car Goblin, City Frame WV Title in hand, good to go to the next buyer, vehicle is located in Charles Town, WV The donor car was a 2006 Cobalt SS (supercharged) and had 117k miles on it. I have around 215 miles on the build right now. Donor parts included a ZZP stage 3 upgrade...
  6. speedhacks

#180, SpeedHacks City, 06' SS, Take 2

What an incredible machine. It is a rocket ship. Took it to autocross with PCA at Summit Point a couple weekends ago after working out a couple kinks. Like the Porsche cars, it is a bit tail happy with the weight in the rear. Either way it's totally manageable just gotta keep the foot on the...
  7. speedhacks

I got the title!!!
  8. speedhacks

This thing attracts almost too much attention. More so than my last sports car.
  9. speedhacks

It's really time to go double check and go over everything. My wife and I went out for breakfast today. In the middle of the drive the car just goes silent in town. We push it to the side and I look over the rear fuse box. I don't see anything immediately concerning. I turn the key back to the...
  10. speedhacks

I've got a press. I think I will give it a shot. I'll try the freeze new bushing and cut the old one out like I've seen others do.
  11. speedhacks

I've been told WV is very kit car friendly. WV DMV took my money and gave me tags. (they are temporary tags, but I'm hopeful that it will go through). There was definitely a lot of back and forth, odd looks, pauses, questions and so on. The major items were -DF Kit Car MCO -Invoice printed...
  12. speedhacks

Funny enough I have them. Just need to install them. Probably should grab the prothane ones too while I'm at it. Now just need to find someone to press them in for me.
  13. speedhacks

Yeah I'll pull the rear tires and double check everything. I dropped rear tire pressure to 22 and front to 19. Getting tags next week so I should know a bit more when I can actually get it on the road
  14. speedhacks

Hagerty Insurance

Thank you for this tip. It took a bit to get someone to help. A lot of back and forth too! Progressive Classic with a local agent - but I didn't even bother trying to call their main number.
  15. speedhacks

The prop valve made all the difference. Eye ball popping really. I have it set to the front just starts to lock up before the rear. I'd rather face a situation where the car pushes a bit than lose the rear end and it comes around. Insurance came through. Progressive Classic. Hagerty was a...
  16. speedhacks

With the harnesses in was comfortable giving it some more throttle. All I can say at this point is it's incredible. May have made the wife nauseated... Hahaha Too much brake at the moment. I think I'll probably end up with a vacuum reducer and proportioning valve so I can send more to the...
  17. speedhacks

This worked out better than I had hoped for. The 1/2" PEX, with Polybutylene adapter was great. Parking brake works amazingly.
  18. speedhacks

Sent you the link. It's an ebay dealio. I really wanted a nine lives wing but cost was a huge factor. This is close enough. I did have to add some spacers.
  19. speedhacks

Back in the groove. Finished up my speaker wiring and turn signals. Finished the wing and I'm happy with it. Items left are... Mount the parking brake, I don't have the guide tubes so I'm going to use PEX or copper tubing Seats back in and harnesses Button panel wiring Hood and fenders...