Search results

1. PaulPerger

Wiring Harness Questions

Several of my wiring labels have faded or fallen off and I am left with several questions. I'll start with these two items. They were tagged before I removed them from the Cobalt but my code sheet was ruined so I don't know what everything is. Can someone identify these?
  2. PaulPerger

Wiring Question

I don't remember seeing any instruction on what to do with this. Six green wires go in, they are all pinned and there is a bar (similar to a fuse bar) connecting all of them. Two of the green wires were cut out with connectors being removed, but the remaining wires all go to something needed...
  3. PaulPerger

AVERY Label # for Wiring Labels

Does anyone know the AVERY Label # for the Wiring Labels?
  4. PaulPerger

Jumping fuel pump

I can't seem to jump the fuel pump and empty the fuel tank... am I doing something wrong?
  5. PaulPerger

My Donor got wet...

Well. This sucked. I finally got done with our back yard renovation and was supposed to get to start working on my Goblin when Fort Lauderdale saw record rain that closed FLL Airport and interstate highways. My neighborhood's drainage system drains into the same main drain as the airport and...
  6. PaulPerger

Tipping Delivery Driver...

I just took delivery of a new bed for my daughters today, and as I always do for folks who deliver something to my home whether it is Pizza, a bed, or a kit car, I tipped them. That got me to thinking about how much to tip an OTR trucker who is delivering something to my house, like my...
  7. PaulPerger

Paul's Track Goblin - 2006 SS/SC

This first post will be used to post links to milestones during my build or particularly noteworthy posts as well as a Cost Breakdown. I plan to list every cost I incur for the Goblin itself as well as log all of my hours and list and track those as well. TABLE OF CONTENTS Introduction Post...
  8. PaulPerger

F35 or F23... How do I know which one I have?

I just went through all of the options on the order page and I am seeing that you now have to declare which transmission you have. I don't remember this being required before, but it's been a year since I looked, so I probably just don't remember this. I thought it would be easy, as I have the...
  9. PaulPerger

Fuel Tank Dimensions

What are the dimensions of the Goblin's Fuel Tank?
  10. PaulPerger

Mounting of Safety Harnesses

Can someone post photos of how safety harnesses are being mounted? I have seen many photos of cars with safety harnesses, but I have never seen how they are being mounted. I am curious because everything I see and read about harnesses says that ideally they should be mounted horizontal to the...
  11. PaulPerger

PLEASE Edit Signatures with links to your Build Threads

I thoroughly enjoy reading build threads here, especially when I see someone post something I like. It makes me want to go look through their build thread. Especially when a comment like "Go check out my Build Thread... It's all explained there." But very few members here have their build...
  12. PaulPerger

Pre-Build Thread... The Goblin Journey

I am not yet creating a Build Log as it will be a year or more before I start actually building. But, I did buy my donor. I have decided to record my journey in VLOG form. I have never vlogged before, so it is a little rough around the edges, but here is my first installment... Over the next...
  13. PaulPerger

Welding Advice...

I am going to purchase a welder and take some welding classes. Looking for advice on a good unit to purchase. I have never welded before and don't plan on doing a lot of welding, so I don't need a fancy unit, but I don't want to get such a basic unit that I severely limit what I can do either...
  14. PaulPerger

Donor is Road Worthy

After getting my Donor home, I spent a few weeks getting it cleaned up, freshened up, and registered to drive. Unlike most, I plan to drive my donor for about year before starting my Goblin project. I am doing this for a few reasons. First, I plan to move from Central Ohio to Southern Florida...
  15. PaulPerger

Engine Storage

Can someone provide a link to an engine cradle that will work with the Ecotech 2.0 Supercharged Engine? I really don't want to separate the transmission from the block to use an engine stand and I don't really want to just leave the engine and transmission hanging on a lift, but I can't seem to...
  16. PaulPerger

Label Sheet Availability

I am still a year away from starting my actual build, but I am an organizer and preparation is key to my success at anything I attempt to do. Without it, I get excited, get started, and then fail to finish. I don't want the same fate on this project. My goal is to create labels for things...
  17. PaulPerger

What Mods to a donor will transfer to the Goblin?

I will pick up my "donor" next week. I plan to drive it for a year or so until I can afford to order the kit. What modifications can I do to a 2006 Cobalt SS SC that can be retained for the Goblin? For example. I know there is no point in upgrading the exhaust, at least from the cat back, but...
  18. PaulPerger

Donor Auction won...

I just won an auction for a 2006 SS with fewer than 30,000 miles! Had to come post... My build log will be started as soon as all the paperwork is done.
  19. PaulPerger

Organization Methodology

Being in the research phase, having never built a car before, and being rather detail oriented, I have been researching how to stay very organized when I begin this project next year. Being a numbers guy (I am an Asst Controller) I of course think in terms of numbers, spreadsheets and data. I...