Search results

1. Joebob

Texas Revoking Titles (and how you can help)

I never transferred my donor title to my name but I brought the title signed over to me and the paperwork showing that I was the owner of the car and title to the title and registration process. That worked for Houston back in early 2022
  2. Joebob

Automatic transmission question/thought

After a 1 hour drive with my added supercharger, I have logged a peak 195 degrees with no cooler. As I am moving closer to summer temps, I am looking to add a small cooler to stay closer to the 170 degree range that we should see with a integral cooler in the radiator setup. This is still well...
  3. Joebob

Rebuilding the DF exhaust system

You have the equipment to weld stainless?....Hmmmm A good friend I may have... ;)
  4. Joebob

Josh's City Goblin - 10 XFE Donor

I always look at the difference between my ambient air temp and my IAT2 to check for heat soak, but I would think that instead of a ratio to use a delta difference between the two. More like HVAC temp readings and looking for a 20-30 degree rise from ambient as ok...or not. Joe
  5. Joebob

Josh's City Goblin - 10 XFE Donor

I did the same way as you to take the MAF IAT and connect the wiring to the on manifold IAT2 location as the more critical. Not that I have tried, but could you put the ambient temp sensor in the airstream to scan and log the IAT temps? Or wire the MAF temp to the ambient sensor wiring? Joe
  6. Joebob

Fenix's Goblin #461 - 2010 Base Auto

As for the air filter routing, here is how it worked best for me. Make sure that the filter is at the end of the aluminum pipe. if the filter is installed too far into the pipe, it also messes up the sensor. For the PCV hose, I got some 3/8" hose and inserted into a small length of the...
  7. Joebob

Rear calipers drag at about 5 miles.

Could it be that without the cables holding the parking brake mechanism back, that every time you brake, you start engaging the self adjusting mechanism ratcheting the pads closer and closer to the rotor until they can't back off enough for clearance. Put the whole system together as designed...
  8. Joebob

DIY Front End Alignment

Since you are twisting the gage between sides, be sure to have to calibrated to the floor slope or add/subtract it as needed
  9. Joebob

Goblin picture game

10. Joebob

49$ Montana request a mv20

In theory, you don't even need the EVAP as Texas allows 1 monitor to not be ready. In the 3 years of driving my goblin, I have yet to have it check the EVAP system. You may need to have the sensors hooked up or spoofed, but the actual canister and routing should not be needed. You do need the...
  11. Joebob

GOTW - 3-29-24 #184 Russell from Waller, TX

This mod should make you faster:
  12. Joebob

Chassis #387 Extended Length, Full cage ~ 08 LNF Donor - 6 Speed F40

It does not look like a stress crack to me but more like a manufacturing joint as it looks like a weld root pass that has been ground smooth. The fact that it runs perpendicular to the hollow section and not to a stress direction would also support this. Where you are most susceptible would be...
  13. Joebob

Df rear calipers

I don't think this is your problem but found that for the first time driving on new pads and rotors, I had very little braking force until the pads were bedded. For the rears you can drive a bit with the parking brake handle pulled up to create some drag and put some heat cycles into the rear...
  14. Joebob

My goblin is......

Careful!. Lotus seven and offroad are not mutually exclusive.
  15. Joebob

Goblin picture game

Skip ahead to 23:40 for the good stuff. Not my video but I think counts. Next up: Goblin next to wild flowers! Joe
  16. Joebob

ToothMagician's Full Cage Country Goblin #493 - '06 SS LSJ Turbo donor

Polish them but I would recommend replacing the rubber rear bushings with metal ones from Moog or OTTP
  17. Joebob

ECU Connector J1 Pin B17 / 2009 Cobalt 2.2L NA 5 Speed

If you are popping fuses across multiple ECMs and BCMs, it is not the computer but the wiring. I would pull off all the connectors off the computers and meter the pins to ground to determine which ones are grounding out and those that do, make sure they are only authorized grounds. Be careful...
  18. Joebob

Headlight / Engine power reduced...PLEASE HELP!!

At the very bottom of my post long ago with similar issues: https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/joebobs-build-log-ss-na-auto-extended-city-frame-270.2259/post-66748 Short answer was it was not the throttle pedal nor the TB but the connector loose pins or the wires that you have to...
  19. Joebob

Is there a difference??

That is a different question between auto and manual. My understanding is that all Manual frames are the same. For automatic transmission, you have to see if the legacy clutch mounting bracket is retained or not. If you have the clutch bracket, then it should work between SS and non SS...
  20. Joebob

F40 rear trans bracket

What about grinding the ends on the spacer bosses to pull the bracket closer to the transmission and more align the mounting hole?