Search results

1. C

Cleaning O2 sensor connectors

Not a goblin specific question (I'm working on a 2002 Porsche Boxster S), but relevant all the same. I'm trying to figure out if this is true or not: I just learned today that you're not supposed to clean oxygen sensor connectors. I won't write a book about the details, but I ended up...
  2. C

Help me buy a diagnostic tool

Confession: I don't really know much about OBD diagnostics. I probably know more than the average guy, but definitely not a ton. I've been trying to troubleshoot my inop cruise control on my goblin for a while. What I really need is some sort of tool that will show me, in real time, what...
  3. C

Convince me to rotate tires on my daily driver

Not a goblin question, just a general question. My wife's daily driver is a 2022 Mustang Mach E. The only maintenance needed for the first 10k miles is a tire rotation (and some general inspections). She has about 9,800 miles on it now. I got out my tread depth guage and measured all 4...
  4. C

Motorcycle wave protocol

Do you guys wave at motorcycles? As I drive the goblin more, and especially now that the weather is nice, I noticed some motorcycles wave at me. Specifically, sportbike guys. The faster the bike, the more likely they are to wave. Harley guys don't wave at all. They must be too cool or...
  5. C

Anti-submarine belt Installation

I'm gearing up for a track day, the first one with the goblin. Depending on which set of rules I read (there seem to be multiple revisions for the same day), I needed an SFI approved harness. My four-point harness was not. So, I replaced it with a five-point SFI approved harness. Regarding the...
  6. C

What's your temperature limit for driving the Goblin?

How hot can you go? There's a track day in Topeka KS on August 21. I desperately want to go. It's projected to be a frosty 100 degrees that day. Which means, on the 1000 acres of pavement that is the infield area, it's probably going to be 110-115 or so ambient. Even higher with the heat...
  7. C

5w replacing 0w oil weight?

My Chrysler Pacifica runs 0w-20, and my Charger runs 0w-40. Finding 0w-40 was a problem when I bought the car in 2016, but got easier in the following years....until recently. 0w-20 has always been easy to find....until recently. Scrounging around local parts stores revealed TONS of options...
  8. C

When to stop tuning?

When did you all say "good enough" on your VE tables while tuning? I'm using HP tuners, of course. I've been tuning the VE table for quite a while (40+ runs). I think I have it mostly dialed in, and it runs pretty well. However, some of the cells still "spike" every once in a while. I...
  9. C

P2229 code won't go away

I have a persistent p2229 code (baro sensor high voltage) that I simply cannot get to go away. I'm out of ideas at this point. I have a stack of MAP sensors, including the old one, a couple of Chinese ones I bought, and a brand new GM one. All of them output 4.69 or 4.7 volts at atmosphere...
  10. C

Removing from hubs and bearings from knuckles

Does anyone have any guidance on how to remove the donor front wheel hubs from the knuckles? Mine are seized tight, and I am trying to replace the bearings. I tried a punch and hammer on the back side, but it just deformed the bearing carrier. They have been soaked in penetrating oil, with no...
  11. C

Chubbs' extended track build #300, 2007 SS/SC donor

I'm a few weeks late starting the build log, as I wasn't sure if I was going to do one or not. I decided I needed a repository of sorts to remember what I did and keep track of the progress. So I guess this is as much for me as for anyone else. Bear with me as I figure out this forum and all...
  12. C

Brake caliper paint recommendations

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good brake caliper paint that won't flake off? My last experience was with "G2", which I thought was supposed to be the best. It was put on a brand new Focus ST (new as in the first 500 miles). Within about 15,000 miles, it was flaking already. My first...