Search results

1. S

Seb's Goblin #454 (2008 SS/TC donor) - Registered

SWMBO decided we needed to move, so it will be several weeks before I can actually work on the goblin again, but I finally got my wheels back from powder coat. I think they look good, but the custom center cap I got from Etsy is a loser. It looks OK in the pic, but in person, when there's any...
  2. S

Front splitter installation and reviews

The black bracket is my harbor freight tow bar mount. It is bolted through the tube where the upper control arm originally mounted (I moved the mount for my setup).
  3. S

Front splitter installation and reviews

I used these.
  4. S

Front Suspension Spherical Rod Ends

Yes, longer bolts. I used this and this (48° total, 24° in each direction).
  5. S

I do still have it. I won't be able to get to it until next weekend though. I can get a shipping quote on 3/25.
  6. S

Yes it is! Too bad I got it before the group buy happened, I would have rather had it in 1/4". The struts stiffened it up pretty good anyway.
  7. S

Made a little progress over the past few weeks. Splitter, footwell cover and front hoop installed. New seats are in, but the driver side needs to come back out because the slides aren't working right.
  8. S

ToothMagician's Full Cage Country Goblin #493 - '06 SS LSJ Turbo donor

This - just loosen up the v band and rotate the turbo.
  9. S

Possible Chevy LS4 (5.3 FWD LS) swap?

Especially if you have one of the aluminum tanks - just a little work with an 8lb enforcer and you'd be good to go :cool:
  10. S

Zenith 750 Cruzer

Will do. When we first started looking into the powerplants for this, we were leaning UL Power too, since that's kind of what Zenith pushes. Aero Momentum was another high on the list, and Viking was pretty much at the bottom of the list. After meeting with all the vendors and reps at Oshkosh...
  11. S

Zenith 750 Cruzer

It's designed around a ~100HP engine. It will most likely be a 130HP 1.5L 4 cylinder Honda engine w/ gearbox put together by a company called Viking Aircraft Engines.
  12. S

Zenith 750 Cruzer

It's a little too cold to work on the goblin, so I helped the wife on her kit plane build today. This is in the loft directly above where I work on the goblin - has heat and AC so she can work comfortably year round...
  13. S

Front Suspension Spherical Rod Ends

My outers on the front were 3/4-16 threads with 5/8ID eyes. They are both RH thread. Maybe squatch's are different because his frame is older? I replaced mine with 3/4-16 x 3/4ID eyes so I could use high misalignment spacers instead of the safety washers. If you want to pay for shipping, you...
  14. S

ccgillett's Track Goblin - '08 SS/TC

looks to me like the turbo flange is hitting the muffler, like Joebob said, either grind the turbo flange a little or dimple the muffler for clearance.
  15. S

ccgillett's Track Goblin - '08 SS/TC

I didn't have any issues like you're describing, it was definitely a 10min or less job on mine.
  16. S

I think I found a winner on Etsy for custom wheel center cap emblems
  17. S

Corner balancing on the cheap

You can get 660lb postal scales on Amazon for ~$50 as an even cheaper option.
  18. S

Hub and knuckle

Here is some LNF vs LSJ axle info from cobaltss.net The LSJ axle has a main shaft diameter of just 25mm. (measuring a DSS axle, oem is still the same i believe) The LNF axle has a main shaft diameter of 34mm. The LSJ hub spline count is 33, with a shaft diameter of 26.5mm The LNF hub spline...
  19. S

Hub and knuckle

If you're already getting custom axles, you should be able to have them put cobalt outer splines on them, which would just bolt up to the DF knucke.
  20. S

Hub and knuckle

Agree with Gtstorey, a custom driveshaft is your easiest option. You will probably need custom driveshafts anyway, because the lengths of the Honda shafts are most likely not correct either.