Search results

1. W

Powdercoat or paint?

I was headed down the road of powdercoating my frame when my neighbor flagged me away (he does resto mods). His concern was that I would be doing work on the frame that would require welding / adjustments and was worried the benefits would be lost with grinding and drilling. Thoughts?
  2. W

What would you order for a street oriented canyon carver?

Boy, I have to be honest. I can't thank all of you enough for your insight. Super excited by this project. And there are a few goblin owners within a 200 mile radius of me so I am really looking forward to being part of the group.
  3. W

Thanks for your input. Can I ask why your would do longer frame? I do like to sit far from the steering wheel but wonder if my 5’9” legs will hit the pedals.
  4. W

NW Meet up in June 2022

Argh. I am down in Vancouver area. Just got my donor and am putting my order together and would love to meet PNWers but I think I am due to leave the country for a few months. Hope I can reach out when I get back for advice and to see your cars. If the job falls apart would love to come up...
  5. W

I just purchased for $250 a 2005 5 speed Cobalt 4 door that was lovingly rear-ended cutting its life short at around 100K miles. $250. The car is clean and appears to be reasonably well maintained. I want to go run with my Porsche buddies up the mountains, go tool around in town. I live on...
  6. W

L61 (2005) NA Repairs / upgrades before installation?

Hi All So I just picked up a 2005 5 speed stock Cobalt with 100K miles on it. Rear ended, $250. Not going to complain. My intentions are to build a street only canyon carver to go out with my Porsche buddies. No race track time (too old, too fat) but I want to make a fun street driver. My...