Search results

1. F

Possible Vacuum Leak at Brake Booster

Hey @Rauq - appreciate you checking back in. It’s going. Winter has been a bit of a wash and I kinda had to put things on hold. Tyler at ZZP has been helping me out since Al is gone now. I believe I mentioned to you before as well, but it turns out the issue was the stupid OTTP fuel rail (or my...
  2. F

Strange Tire Wear? Toyo Proxes R888

Does anyone have any idea if this wear is normal? There is a little ridge peeling off - starting to wonder if I have too much toe?
  3. F

ZZP Intercooler Pump Leaking

Almost positive, but I will pull if off to confirm and keep you posted. Funny thing is, as long as the car is actively being driven, it doesn't leak. But when you let it sit, you can come back and a bunch of coolant will have leaked out.
  4. F

ZZP Intercooler Pump Leaking

Has anyone had issues with the ZZP stage 1 intercooler pump leaking? I have not gone through the trouble of pulling the pump of c
  5. F

**Post Picture's of your Finished Goblin Here**

I’d say I still have quite a bit of work to go in terms of engine mods and aero mods I’d like to make, but for now, I figured it was time to share. Everyone, say hello to Eddie Van Goblin
  6. F

I was wondering if that was the case, which is why I reached out to ZZP/Al about this. This is what I got back from them: All I can do is chuckle at this point. I guess now I have to wait to get a response from ZZP assigning me a new tuner as the base tune file is still on gate pressure. Sad...
  7. F

Yes sorry @Rauq - Trying to gather some more info before I get back to you in our DM. I actually just sent an email earlier today to Al @ ZZP about why he had LTFT disabled. Quite honestly, I'm probably being over paranoid about making changes, but because I did completely tear down and rebuild...
  8. F

I looked at that as well - does not seem to be a leak there, but I agree, that is a very likely point for one to occur. I've got that clamp cranked.
  9. F

I do not know for sure if my wideband is setup correctly. I have it tied into the AC pressure sensor. Tune attached for reference (if you have HPT) but here are some screen shots as well: Also, the second narrowband is not connected as it will not be included in the final setup - going with a...
  10. F

Well here is the discovery: I'm still convinced there is a vacuum leak at the brake booster (due to the hissing noise), but it is so insignificant that it is not causing the problem, because the strange idle surging still occurs even when I disconnected the line and capped it off. Waiting to...
  11. F

Purging Air from Coolant System

Ended up going with the loop for the time being. I would like to eventually eliminate that loop (its a bit unsightly), but I'm really pushing to get this build on the road at the moment and didn't want to take the time to mess with pulling the thermostat housing off and such. Will probably go...
  12. F

@Ross So I gave the shim idea a try and unfortunately it is still leaking. And @Goblinfanclub1234 I don't think it is the check valve as the hissing seems to be coming from where the pushrod meets the seal that is attached to the body of the brake booster. Seems like it may be a defective...
  13. F

So the hissing/leak is occurring when the pedal is not depressed at all. How would I go about adjusting the pushrod? Mine just slips over the little peg on the brake pedal. No spacers or anything so far as I can tell
  14. F

For months now I’ve been trying to chase down an idle issue that seems as though it must be getting caused by a vacuum leak and is thus causing a loss in negative pressure to my fuel regulator. The other day, I noticed a hissing noise coming from my brake booster. After some fiddling, I...
  15. F

Well….that did indeed fix the issue. Thank you all for helping me work through that. That’s what I get for trying to be fancy I guess lol. In the words of Sebastian Vettel…what a stupid action!
  16. F

So this hole eliminates the need to loop the heater hose?
  17. F

AH this explains alot. I did indeed do the mod of removal of those two little nipples that are used for the heater loop. I thought @Fozda had success with this? Strange. Let me go whip up a little solution (un-mod) to this and I will report back
  18. F

out of the port on the head on the passenger side, towards the front of the car, then through radiator, then from the front to rear, going down the drivers side
  19. F

So heat begins at the head (passenger side) where the coolant outlet sends the hot coolant down the "Z" shaped (sort of Z shaped) hose, as shown in that picture - but right where the coupler joins the "Z" shaped hose to the main coolant hose that runs down the passenger's side of the chassis, it...
  20. F

Ok so this is really weird: I tried a whole bunch of stuff to purge air (including the steam port on the top of the head). I did see some minor bubbles come out, but nothing spectacular. I then cranked the car and let it run. Prior to the thermostat opening, the entirety of the hose that runs...