Search results

1. F

Strange Tire Wear? Toyo Proxes R888

Does anyone have any idea if this wear is normal? There is a little ridge peeling off - starting to wonder if I have too much toe?
  2. F

ZZP Intercooler Pump Leaking

Has anyone had issues with the ZZP stage 1 intercooler pump leaking? I have not gone through the trouble of pulling the pump of c
  3. F

Possible Vacuum Leak at Brake Booster

For months now I’ve been trying to chase down an idle issue that seems as though it must be getting caused by a vacuum leak and is thus causing a loss in negative pressure to my fuel regulator. The other day, I noticed a hissing noise coming from my brake booster. After some fiddling, I...
  4. F

Purging Air from Coolant System

Anyone have suggestions on purging air bubbles from the coolant loop? I keep overheating and noticed the radiator is freezing. The water pump is fine so it seems to me that there must be an air bubble or 2 in the system. I’ve tried the suggested procedure from DF with no luck.
  5. F

ZZP Z54 Turbo Issue

As far as I can tell, it appears as though there is some sort of oil leak that is internal to my turbo. At first I thought this was just some assembly lube burning off, but even after 20 mins or so of idle time, I continue to get smoke curling off of the turbo and coming out of the exhaust. It...
  6. F

Straight Pipes - Montana Registration

Hey guys, quick question - So I'm in the state of Georgia, but going the Montana registration route. Has anyone (who has gone the Montana route) experienced any cop/legal trouble with having straight piped exhaust in any of your respective states?
  7. F

Strange Idle Issue

Not sure why this is occurring, but I’ve got a really rough/“surgey” idle. There also seems to be a “ticking” or light “clattering” as well. Does anyone know what could be causing these two issues? Videos links below (clattering /ticking is audible in the engine close up video)...
  8. F

Missing Parts and Questions

Hi guys Does anyone know the exact part number for these for our rear calipers? To clarify, I don’t know that this is the right part number, these just look similar to what we have - maybe they are the same but I’m not sure. I’m missing one of these. Also, does anyone know what these are...
  9. F

Rear Coilover Torque Specs

Anyone happen to know the torque specs for all of the bolts for the rear suspension installation (QA1 coilovers)? Can't seem to find anywhere
  10. F

Exhaust Options

The time has finally come for me to address the question of exhaust. Because I am in Georgia, I do not believe I will be able to obtain registration without emissions compliant exhaust in place. With this said, I'm trying to figure out how I can get an exhaust built out without having to trailer...
  11. F

NRG vs 9Lives

Hi all, At the point in my build now where initial aero elements are becoming a consideration and I'm curious...what are everyone's thoughts between the NRG CF wing and the 9Lives Big Wang?
  12. F

Coolant Filler T

Well folks I think today is finally first start day. That being said, I noticed late last night that I had one hose hanging loose: there is no evidence however to suggest that this was once connected to anything. I’m assuming this is some sort of an overflow/breather hose. Can anyone confirm?
  13. F

Transmission Fluid for F35

Hi all - what is the suggested trans fluid for an F35 non-LSD?
  14. F

Corbeau Harnesses

Does anyone have photos of how the shoulder straps (Corbeau 5 point harness) are connected to the chassis? They appear to share a mounting point with the coolant tank bracket on the drivers side and the right shoulder strap (of drivers side harness) interferes with the coolant tank bracket.
  15. F

Mystery Brackets

Does anyone recall what these are for?
  16. F

Wiring Questions and Mystery Connectors

Hi all, Getting pretty close here to first start and I'm finishing up some electrical work on the body harness and grounds and have a few questions: ***A few relavent details*** -Donor is 2007 SS/SC but has been turbo swapped to Z54 -Wiring harness was done by DF 1. I believe this was from...
  17. F

Battery current sensor

Hi all, I’m in the process of getting the remainder of the harness plugged in, and I do not see a connector for the battery current sensor as mentioned in one of the older build videos - side note, DF did my harness, so I’m fairly certain this would be here if it was needed. Should I proceed...
  18. F

Cast vs Flow Formed vs Forged

As my search for the perfect set of shoes continues, I've been doing some reading on pros and cons of forged, flow formed and cast. As of right now, I'm on the fence between flow formed and forged (leaning towards flow formed) and I'm wondering...Is there really any reason for a forged wheel on...
  19. F

Engine Harness map/diagram?

Does anyone happen to have an engine harness map or diagram similar to the one for the main harness? I took the engine harness off so long ago that I’ve completely lost track of what goes where
  20. F

Light Weight Lithium Batteries

What are everyone’s thoughts on lithium batteries for our cars? Worth the extra $$$? Also thought maybe because our weight distribution is already biased towards the rear, it may make sense to have a little extra weight up front. Thoughts?