Search results

1. T

Toxik's Track Goblin - '06 SS/SC Donor # 351

Alright. I can confirm, they are very helpful via phone. I was able to talk to them and they had the items on their way by the end of the day. I will let you know about the riv-nuts once I get a little further along. I'm afraid they might vibrate loose, but we'll see. So far so good
  2. T

I don't mind it taking a month (or 16 weeks for that matter) if I knew that it was being worked on. The original request was put in ~5 months ago. I will try to call. I did call once or twice and left a VM with no response, but didn't continue to try. If that has worked for others in the past, I...
  3. T

It's been a while, but I'm trying to get back in the garage. I had some HVAC issues at my house, fixed those, sold the house, and moved to a new home last year. I have been having trouble getting in contact with DF Kit Car to get my order. I reached out in October of 2022 to get my address...
  4. T

haha. I should definitely re-read what I write before sending it to the internet. Hopefully my wench will pick up a winch on her way home... Maybe a heater for the shed too since I'll probably spend a few nights out there if she sees this.
  5. T

Well. The kit arrived, got shipped to powder coating, and has returned. I have gotten it in the shop and started on the floors. I have used rivnuts on the floors and so far everything seems to be going smoothly. I started working on the coolant hoses and realized I am not near strong enough to...
  6. T

Rivet Nuts

What did you put under the panels to reduce rattling? I thought I saw some people using foam tape, but can't find where I saw that.
  7. T

Rivet Nuts

Has anyone used rivnuts/well nuts to attached the floor/firewalls or just the side panels? I think having them removable could be nice, but not sure how they would hold up long term. (Never used them before)
  8. T

Missing Ground

This is the connector and ground that I guess I cut too short. I don't know that it is the correct one. I have not yet been able to confirm completely that this wire should be grounded. Just an educated guess. Hope this helps! (The wire is over the top of my thumb)
  9. T

Missing Ground

I appreciate this feedback. I dug around and found a black wire that was a larger gauge and have extended and grounded it. Fingers crossed!
  10. T

Missing Ground

I am still working on the harness. In Part 6, at 1:23, I need to connect 3 ground wires to a new ground lug I just taped in. I don't see the fuse box ground here. Where does that wire come from. I would like to try to trace it back to see what I have done, but don't see it mentioned in any of...
  11. T

I am still working on the harness. In Part 6, at 1:23, I need to connect 3 ground wires to a new ground lug I just taped in. I don't see the fuse box ground here. Where does that wire come from. I would like to try to trace it back to see what I have done, but don't see it mentioned in any of...
  12. T

Powder Coating options

What parts did you have powder coated/finished other than the chassis? Did you have them finished in the same color or a secondary color for your build? I am beginning conversations with a local vendor and don't know what to be prepared for when my kit arrives. Any feedback and/or advice is...
  13. T

Things are progressing nicely, but I have run into a few things and need some input. I am working on the wire harness and near the end of DF Goblin Wiring Harness Guide Part 4 - Organizing the Main Harness, Pt. 1 He mentions that there should be a pink line for the coolant level. I have a pink...
  14. T

Order placed. Kit # 351. Looking forward to it :D
  15. T

And she's outa here. The Cobalt has been taken apart and shipped off. It feels good to tick that box, but the list of things I have to work on just got a lot longer now that I have some more space in the garage. Time to start rebuilding the harness and tearing into the motor.
  16. T

Indiana Registration

For any of this registration process, did you need to have the title?
  17. T

More progress being made. Engine dropped and interior getting there. So far, only issue I have run into is missing tools and one breaking tools... One of the strut to knuckle bolts simply beat me. I broke 2 ratchets and a breaker bar before removing them assembled. I will run it to a local shop...
  18. T

I haven't tried the injectors yet. Replacing the fuel pump got the engine running and I uncovered a fuse that keeps popping. As I started the tear down, I have uncovered many wiring... anomalies... This could be a very interesting wiring harness re-work. I did receive them and appreciate you...
  19. T

Haha I have an offer for someone to buy the complete exhaust. Trying to decide if it's worth selling/trading for shorty or better to keep it.
  20. T

Is the long header from ZZP usable in anyway? I suspect it won't bolt up to the kit exhaust. If I'm going to have a custom exhaust built, should I start with the long headers or get a factory header?