Search results

1. jcdman

'05 SS/SC Fuel Pump Harness?

I ended up buying a new fuel pump for a non ss cobalt, never figured it out
  2. jcdman

New brake lights

Hey guys, one of my brake lights went bad. I see DF has new ones for $125, but does anyone run something different or know where I can get replacements for cheaper?
  3. jcdman

#339 Build Log

On the plus side, my new heated seats work great! Now to clean up the install
  4. jcdman

#339 Build Log

I'll look into it, although I admit I absolutely loathe doing alignments haha. Sucks that it's so important. Once I get prototype 2.0 built I have a buddy that races in the Indy Nxt series that's gonna help me tune the balance/springs/alignment
  5. jcdman

#339 Build Log

Tire clearance is tight but it did clear. Both this and the rear wing are adjustable, and I plan on just running a front wing at autocross type events so lower to mod speed environments <65mph. Alignment is something to consider but difficult to tune on the road.
  6. jcdman

#339 Build Log

Well, the 6 month prototype lasted 6 minutes... back to the drawing board haha.
  7. jcdman

#339 Build Log

Dual element carbon fiber wing. Weighing 6lbs 6.9oz, 61" wide, and an estimated max downforce of 237lbs at 100mph
  8. jcdman

NRG vs 9Lives

Our cars are so draggy as they are, you won't notice any difference from a small vs large endplate performance wise. The ones that came with the wing logic wing serve the purpose just fine.
  9. jcdman

#339 Build Log

Been working on something pretty exciting over the last 6 months. Here's a sneak peak, should be on the car tomorrow!
  10. jcdman

NRG vs 9Lives

I got the wing logic aluminum wing for my car and install wasn't too terrible. I had to pay someone to weld the mounts on but I ended up fabricated some larger carbon fiber end plates. Aero engineer here, so here's my opinion on endplates. Larger endplates themselves do not create downforce...
  11. jcdman

Goblinfest 2023

Missed last years but will try to go this year. Where's the event held?
  12. jcdman

Turn signal wiring

Disregard, going a different route
  13. jcdman

Turn signal wiring

Hey all, looking to change the switch for my turn signals, can anyone tell me what the three wires do? Orange, green, pink?
  14. jcdman

Need tail light wiring help

I had the exact same problem a week ago. After replacing the fuse I noticed my driver side headlight is always on hi-beam and the passenger side works correctly. Curious if you noticed this or if it's just my bad wiring up front
  15. jcdman

Custom Exhaust

Oh really!? Is this the one you're using? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bor-40353
  16. jcdman

Custom Exhaust

Surprised you guys are making it louder than what DF's exhaust does, I already wear ear plugs every time I take my car out. I've got the stock exhaust manifold and stock DF exhaust. I'm looking at doing a dual resonator to make the exhaust quieter without restricting flow too much. Not sure if I...
  17. jcdman

5x114.3 Bearing Hubs

Does DF still sell redrilled 5x114.3 hubs? I remember asking about getting 5x120 redrilled hubs to match my other car and they said they didn't offer that service anymore.
  18. jcdman

#339 Build Log

Made the show! JB weld saves the day. Made a test piece to see if the concept would work and that held together great. Fully cured in an hour, ran it to operating temp and pressure tested no problem. Add to the list of things to fix over winter.
  19. jcdman

#339 Build Log

Word to the wise, follow the pre drilled holes on the side panels, unless you wanna punch a hole in your coolant tube the night before a car show... Home Depot opens at 6am and JB water weld cures in an hour, maybe I'll be able to patch this up temporarily in time.
  20. jcdman

#339 Build Log

Autocrossed last week, felt awesome finally driving it flat out. Thinking of removing the sway bar, send to make the rear end way too stiff and slide unpredictably. Lots going on this weekend in the garage. Fixed the EPS and steering play last week. The old rack and pinion had some play in it...