Search results

1. jcdman

New brake lights

Hey guys, one of my brake lights went bad. I see DF has new ones for $125, but does anyone run something different or know where I can get replacements for cheaper?
  2. jcdman

Turn signal wiring

Hey all, looking to change the switch for my turn signals, can anyone tell me what the three wires do? Orange, green, pink?
  3. jcdman

Looking for a wing

Anyone have an old wing they'd be willing to sell or a recommendation for one to buy? I'm working on designing a front and rear wing but would like one on the car in the mean time.
  4. jcdman

LSJ rough Idle

2005 SS/SC Hey everyone, I've got a rough idle right now, looking for some help to brainstorm what might be the issue. Here's link to my google drive of the idle. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACNhimnVnaUGCCFp540-SJt3md3Mv6QY/view?usp=sharing I let it idle for about 30 seconds and it does...
  5. jcdman

Black Friday Deals!

Hey everyone, thought it'd be cool to let everyone know about some car part Black Friday sales going on. If you have a sweet deal, add it to this thread! Murray Motosport 15% off using Code "Black15" https://www.murraymotorsport.com/
  6. jcdman

#339 Build Log

First entry for #339 build log! Standard Length, Full cage. 2005 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC manual used as the donor. Dropped off the frame for powder coating 2 weeks ago, going with Illusion cherry. What I've done so far: Wiring Harness Rebuilt Motor (new piston rings, gaskets, water pump, timing...
  7. jcdman

Seat Mounts?

Looking at getting some OMP TRE-S or Sparco Sprint-L seats. I ordered the seat mounts from DF but I'm wondering how versatile the seat mounts are? The seats I'm shopping between vary in width a decent bit. Did DF make these just for the corbeau seats or should I look to make custom brackets?
  8. jcdman

Crankcase bolt torque specs

Hey everyone, there's two different bolts for the lower crankcase to main block. I know the inner bolts are 15ft-lbs then 70deg, but I can't find a torque spec for the outer 10 bolts.
  9. jcdman

Balance Shaft Delete?

Seems like a pretty common mod to delete the internal balance shafts. What's the performance benefit of doing so? Is the increased vibration a big thing to worry about for longevity?
  10. jcdman

Amp Connectors?

Hey all, can someone verify that these are the stereo/amp connectors I need to remove? Wiring Harness Video #8 has all these connectors as smaller pieces that get removed but I just have these two big chungus connectors that I'm 99% positive are my amp connectors. Just wanna make sure... (2005...
  11. jcdman

'05 SS/SC Fuel Pump Harness?

Hey everyone, I'm running through the wiring harness videos and I've hit a bit of a problem. My fuel pump/harness looks nothing like the video and it's got me stumped. I know the purple/tan/grey wires coming out of the main harness are the fuel pump wires, but my harness doesn't have any of...
  12. jcdman

Supercharged Engine Rebuild

As the title implies I plan on rebuilding my 05 supercharged motor. Currently has 160k miles so it seems like an appropriate thing to do while I wait for my kit. I don't plan on increasing power way beyond stock, maybe a small tune later down the line but I wanna keep it solidly reliable...
  13. jcdman

Donor Car title needed for Ohio?

Hey everyone, new to the kit car scene and just ordered my kit last week (chassis #339). Was wondering if anyone in the Ohio area that has completed registration could help me out. Finished stripping my donor car and I'm trying to get the rest of it scrapped, but none of the scrapyards I've...