Search results

1. D&dgoblin69

Manual shifter cable install. Helppp

F23 required bracket mounts onto transmission
  2. D&dgoblin69

Rear calipers drag at about 5 miles.

I adjusted brake booster push rod to master cylinder so that it’s not cocked. Test drove about 5 miles brakes starting to drag lock up. So now Iam going to brake system flush. Then I’ll rebuild calipers. If that don’t fix it Iam calling df.
  3. D&dgoblin69

Low and behold thanks Ross I adjusted the pushrod bushing misaligned. I’ll check tomorrow fingers crossed.
  4. D&dgoblin69

Brake pedal springs back as normal.
  5. D&dgoblin69

Parking brake cables not installed yet.
  6. D&dgoblin69

So the df supplied Pontiac solstice calipers started to drag two nights in a row at about 5 miles. I was thinking about going from a dot 3 to 4 but some of you chimed in and had that issue of locking up. Iam actually pulled over now to let brakes cool then Iam back home. I think Iam going to put...
  7. D&dgoblin69

Df rear calipers

Brakes working good now. Drove around tonight feels so much better
  8. D&dgoblin69

Dfkitcar supplied rear calipers pay attention

The brake caliper has a stamp rh in picture means right side passenger and the other caliper has a lh for left hand drivers side. I initially installed calipers as stamped which put the brake bleeder on the bottom side of the caliper. This caused me to not be able to bleed the rear brakes...
  9. D&dgoblin69

Df rear calipers

Ok I got the rear calipers supplied by dfkit to work. I forgot what I did lol no really if anyone ever does what I did then god forgive them.The brake caliper has a stamp rh in picture means right side and the other caliper has a lh for left hand. But since they’re built in China and they drive...
  10. D&dgoblin69

49$ Montana request a mv20

Yeah I’ve allready paid Montana. I like the idea of having plates in a state I’d like to live. Ok so the mv20 I’ll search an officer just wasn’t sure how f someone knew of one
  11. D&dgoblin69

Goblin Front Splitter Group buy

I think I meet you once at Robbins Chevrolet. You were pitching a sale on skid plates or cat prevention plate. Iam in humble tx you build one I’ll drive by and pick it up.
  12. D&dgoblin69

49$ Montana request a mv20

The MV20 is an inspection required to be done by law enforcement with the LLC name only as the applicant and a photo of the VIN plate provided. Iam in Texas anyone do this yet? How to go about it
  13. D&dgoblin69

Df rear calipers

I talked with buddy today he is my Shopforman of 40 years with General Motors. He explained to me how the solstice parking brake calipers work. The parking brake is kinda of like an acre jack mechanical ratching. Sometimes the parking brake can get stuck in the caliper hydraulic piston. He told...
  14. D&dgoblin69

Df rear calipers

So my donor was 4 lugs and I bought 5 lug bearings and the rear parking brake kit. Not sure if a 4 lug donor caliper will fit a 5 lug with rotor. Quess I’ll find out.
  15. D&dgoblin69

Df rear calipers

I went to check pedal return yes it returns with what feels like spring pressure. Pedals good. I have a brand new bad leaking dorman master cylinder. I went back out used my had on the brake pedal and brake fluid squirts out the front brakes.should get a brake best orielly master cylinder this...
  16. D&dgoblin69

Df rear calipers

Thanks for the info devianteng and rttoys. I’ll check that plunger to see if it’s full retracted.I keep the front Calipers from the donor I’ll text fit them tonight. I talked with Tilton reservoir they said each of the 3 chambers are separated so there’s no way for fluid to cross over so when I...
  17. D&dgoblin69

Df rear calipers

What rear calipers did you buy? I had drums in the back for my colbalt. Will the front donor calipers work?
  18. D&dgoblin69

Df rear calipers

Here my Tilton used aluminum flat stock with a couple of utv clamps and an4 fitting with barbed end and one an6 for the clutch. Picked up ear clamps at HarborFreight and epdm 1/4 and 3/8 at tractor supply. You will need one special fitting an4 to an6 to fit the clutch line
  19. D&dgoblin69

Df rear calipers

So I used a bleeder bottle same thing no rear brakes and fluid starts squirting from rear reservoir to front. I replaced master with a dorman it was even worse . The three chamber Tilton reservoir made diagnosis easy since the brake front and rear brake system is separated individual reservoir...