Search results

1. Sluggonaut

LaunchPad & OldB1's technology demonstrator -09 SS donar- #109

It is a separate circuit and would need its own reservoir if you want to use one - it's not required. The only real benefit to the reservoir is in removing air from the circuit.
  2. Sluggonaut

Front splitter installation and reviews

IIRC, the hook one was a hook on one end and an eye bolt end on the other and I just cut a section out of the eye bolt end to make it a hook. I settled on the M8 size so there was enough length for adjustment - the smaller diameters didn't have much length. The rods are close to maxed out but I...
  3. Sluggonaut

Front splitter installation and reviews

Those are mine - I made those from a few parts: Amazon clevis ends Turnbuckle and Jaw Ends (x2) I bought one of these but when I click on the link in my Amazon order history, it takes me to a different product: You just need one of these to get the 2 hook ends to use on the tow mounts. Make...
  4. Sluggonaut

Rauq's Twincharged LSJ in SC - #240 - GOBZILA

I didn't want to derail this thread further, but this is where my hand goes up to ask a question. I've been running a K04 LSJ on E85 since my initial build and, to my knowledge, have a completely stock fuel system. I have no idle or driveability issues, but I'm not sure what to log to make sure...
  5. Sluggonaut

Rear calipers drag at about 5 miles.

I had a brake dragging issue with those and just needed to adjust the parking brake cable. It was strange because they would drag some times and not others until I added a little slack at the adjuster behind the brake handle.
  6. Sluggonaut

Need help with radiator install

Yep, powder coat makes those difficult to install. I got used to removing powder coating in several places to get things to fit.
  7. Sluggonaut

Off Season Plans?

I'm president of the "I'm about to start my winter projects" club. We're still accepting members.
  8. Sluggonaut

ToothMagician's Full Cage Country Goblin #493 - '06 SS LSJ Turbo donor

I haven't auto-crossed, but with spirited street driving at 12 PSI my IAT2 temps were fine. I haven't logged since getting my boost controller configured and running 22 PSI. That's on the list for things to do once driving season starts and it's warm enough for the tires to stick. The last log...
  9. Sluggonaut

Yes, I am using a primary reservoir as my Option B tank. I don't think there is anything special about the tank, so any coolant reservoir should work. I am using the stock DF heat exchanger setup with NACA ducts and no fan.
  10. Sluggonaut

ccgillett's Track Goblin - '08 SS/TC

I ran into this problem too (trying to find connector part numbers) and the only thing I could find was eBay listings for fuseboxes or various plugs. More often than not it was an entire fusebox assembly and you are paying way too much for the actual parts you need (example). I had one of the...
  11. Sluggonaut

1. I bought a new coolant overflow tank for $20 on Rock Auto right before they went unavailable. I only did that because someone gave me $50 for my Option B tank and the mount. I bought a second driver-side mount from DF to mount it. I used the driver's side because I am not using an engine...
  12. Sluggonaut

Rttoys’s track- ‘06 ss/sc #184

If you want to go that route, install the NACA ducts and remove the fan - cleaner lines under the car and probably more efficient airflow.
  13. Sluggonaut

Goblin Front Splitter Group buy

This is the one I ordered when I needed to replace one. It's an exact match to what I received in DF's kit.
  14. Sluggonaut

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

I activated mine before installation too. It's not overly difficult to install the tensioner activated.
  15. Sluggonaut

If a turbo-swapped LSJ has the laminova cores in the intake, it uses the same intercooler setup as the standard LSJ with a supercharger. If the intake was replaced during the turbo swap to a non-LSJ intake, you'll need DF's A2W unit from the turbo kit. In either case, you can source your own...
  16. Sluggonaut

The colored bolts give it some pop.
  17. Sluggonaut

Here are the ones I used for mine. Any M6x(1.00mm)x12mm should do it, I just went with the socket cap style to use with cup washers and fancify it a little.
  18. Sluggonaut

So what’s this?

My project before the Goblin was a drift trike. Fun build, fun ride.
  19. Sluggonaut

Starting the journey

If you get stumped on a current video, watch the next one as it often clarifies any confusion.
  20. Sluggonaut

Traé’s Goblin (06’ SS/SC #501)

The timing marks on the crank and cam sprockets line up in the same place every 2 rotations, but the marks on the chain do not. I don't know the exact number but it is many.