Search results

1. LLBenJ

Df rear calipers

I had a lot of problems getting my brakes bled. At max rear braking, with proportioning valve, the fronts are still doing most of the work. Make sure you are "nipples up" on those rear brakes.
  2. LLBenJ

Left over parts from engine swap

Bobby I suggest confirming with emissions what year of vehicle they start requiring emissions testing. Do they emission test brand new 2023/2024 vehicles or at a certain age (5 years old as an example). This doesn't answer/solve the emission requirement problem but does buy you some time to...
  3. LLBenJ

Goblin frame prep for paint?

The end result of the powder coat will exceed your costs in labor, time and resources. The shops that powder coat will properly prep and apply the product and it will probably be more durable than paint over time. As others have stated, getting complete coverage on these tube chassis can be...
  4. LLBenJ

Manual shifter cable install. Helppp

My kit was missing the required transmission cable mount for my F35. The mount pushes the cable connections up and away aligning them. I see Lonny's response above so double check your kit, and with DF, if a new mount is required for that transmission.
  5. LLBenJ

I'm located in Kuna. Give me a shout if you decide to pull the trigger on the build.

I'm located in Kuna. Give me a shout if you decide to pull the trigger on the build.
  6. LLBenJ

Winter project complete: Harrop TVS 1320 supercharger, PCM, and fueling upgrades. Dyno runs scheduled for the future and will start to work with HP tuners and ZZP to hopefully get to a goal of 300whp.
  7. LLBenJ

Eaton M62 Supercharger, factory injectors and harness - $400

I recently installed a Harrop TVS 1320 on the Goblin so the factory blower needs a new home. Eaton M62 supercharger along with stock injectors and harness. The supercharger underwent basic maintenance during the build and has a new coupler and fluid. The vanes are in great condition. Total...
  8. LLBenJ

Which cars had the M62 supercharger / LSJ Engine? Hunt your supercharger.

Mike I'm in the middle of a TVS install and will be posting my M62 up for sale. If interested please PM me. Thanks. Ben
  9. LLBenJ

Assembly videos

No, I see how my wording would lead you to that end. I apologize. Will correct above to prevent confusion. The wiring harness completed by DF was 100% and allowed for a first time, first start with the car. They even filled my request to leave the fog lights, running lights and 12V connections.
  10. LLBenJ

Assembly videos

You, I and the many who messaged me privately when I went on my "rant", have come to a similar conclusion. I think the crystal ball the others speak of says that we shouldn't plan on them finishing a complete set of videos for Goblin V1. I can't speak for DF so if they want to sound off on any...
  11. LLBenJ

Assembly videos

You're not the first one to struggle with a Goblin build. Step through the videos (they are not all-inclusive to year/model), set small goals, and eat away at it. DF has publicly admitted that it relies on the forum members to support builders. The builders here are very helpful but triple...
  12. LLBenJ

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

I like this idea. What's the service life like? (not that most of us drive our Goblin a lot). Land mines with that powertrain...got ya's? A street legal Radical SR1???
  13. LLBenJ

Mikes Extended, Full Frame Goblin - 2009 Cobalt LS with 135k donor

Mike I was in a similar boat, decided to build, but will still own an Ariel Atom (in that process now). I would agree with the others that it's worth getting the Goblin on the road and maybe purchasing a new long block or another gently used LSJ. New crate motors are available, quite a few LSJs...
  14. LLBenJ

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

Make and model: Honda - 1.5T L15B7 (Honda Civic, CR-V and Accord) Year available: 2016 to present Turbocharged (yes/no): Yes - one option - turbocharged Base HP: 174-205 Tuned HP on pump gas without internal mods: Two Step offers a Stage 1 tune that will render 219 whp and 258 tq Auto trans...
  15. LLBenJ

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

Lonny 2.3L Ecoboost not an option based on RWD/AWD layouts of donors?
  16. LLBenJ

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

DS. My comments here aren't intended to be negative. If you're computing them that way I'd suggest there is a little unconscious bias going on based on my earlier posts on the forum. My car is also complete, registered, insured and on the road. A mobile billboard for DF's products. Where are you...
  17. LLBenJ

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

I think the build cost for your average V2 Goblin, coupled with the struggles seen on V1, may drive a conclusion that a different platform all together might have been a better option for V1. I'd much rather have a Honda powertrain in my Goblin. After breaking down import drivetrains with other...
  18. LLBenJ

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

Wow...these donors are a lot more expensive. I'll have to get on the sites and see what wrecked GTIs are running. I can't find anything under about $8k that's still on the road.
  19. LLBenJ

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

Hmm. Less kit...in the kit car? Bought, not built? I had a horrible build experience so no doubt the preassembled car will help most builders but kind of defeats the purpose of "building" a kit car.
  20. LLBenJ

Strange Tire Wear? Toyo Proxes R888

Driving in cold weather? No specific data/experience to support this. I'm sliding all over the place on my 45 degree days. I don't see this type of wear but also could be alignment as you indicated. Tire wearing/sliding right to left (as pictured).