Search results

1. P

Switching a SS/SC specked goblin to SS/TC

Having a hard time finding a replacement LSJ engine so I'm wondering how difficult it would be to change my goblin to use the LNF/LHU turbo engine. Other than the extra supplied parts from DF I'd there anything else to consider? Assuming I purchase a complete LNF/LHU with engine harness and the...
  2. P

Hptuners Prolink

Other than the standalone data log, is there any reason to get the HPtuners Prolink? I plan to do basic data logging and remapping to make my engine run happy with all the mods I've installed.
  3. P

Guage cluster option?

Is there any reason someone couldn't just run a guage cluster that operates off obd info? Other than maybe an issue of not tracking mileage correctly?
  4. P

Obd port issues

My obd use to work just fine and now nothing. I think the fuses are all good. Any ideas where to start with this one? Also my cluster guage doesn't work...lots of warning lights are lit up but the rpm guage isn't working. Not sure yet if the speedometer works, need to test drive it first.
  5. P

Sale on hold - 95% Finished SS/SC Goblin For Sale

I will add more detail when I get a minute but it's normal length frame, everything powdercoated black except little tiny pieces. Body panels are actually painted. Engine was 100% rebuilt, only thing not replaced were crankshaft and connecting rods. Many engine upgrades, basically everything ZZP...
  6. P

Painting....with a model airbrush

I tried wrapping the body parts with great failure so now I'm attempting to paint them myself. I found a company TouchUp Paint that reproduces any manufacturer OEM colors, went with Porsche shark blue. After applying primer and sealer with sanding to a perfect surface I went to rattle can the...
  7. P

Hood Mounting picture

Does anyone have a picture of the hood mounted at the front underneath? Just something to reference to make sure I have it all in the right order. Thanks!
  8. P

What are you using for tuning device?

I'd like to purchase the HP Tuners MPVI2 but wondering if anyone uses a tablet instead of a laptop. I'd like to get a cheap Amazon tablet if possible to keep the costs down. Just wondering what everyone is using.
  9. P

K Series Engine?

I wonder...how close would a K series engine/trans fit in our goblins. More out of curiosity than anything. Has anyone ever used something other than an ecotec engine...an no electric either.
  10. P

Coolant leak between engine and trans!?!?

LSJ...coolant dripping from between the engine and trans, where the large metal "gasket" sits between them. Very slow when the engine is off and a good leak when running. I may have done something stupid when trying to completely fill the system with coolant. I noticed the return side hoses...
  11. P

It's very loud

I feel like this thing is obnoxiously loud. I have the regular DF exhaust. No leaks. Is there any solution to making it quieter? I'm mostly concerned that I'm annoying the neighborhood when I start it up otherwise I wouldn't care.
  12. P

Engine cutting out

Just took my first quick little drive around the block and the engine cuts out under acceleration. It idles that way also, jumps rpm then back down then jumps up and then down...I thought maybe that was the stage 2 cams causing a rough idle. Now when driving it accelerates for a second then cuts...
  13. P

Boost and Tac flipped?

I think I messed my wiring up and these 2 are possibly switched. Is this possible and has anyone else accidentally done it...and fixed it.
  14. P

First Start...bad head gasket

Yep...engine ran until my wife said "there's some thick stuff leaking". Didn't take long to see it's leaking from the cylinder head. I rebuilt the engine, new gasket and torqued everything per spec with new bolts. It's leaking oil from a couple different spots where the head gasket is. Has...
  15. P

Footwell cover installation

Is there anything special to mounting the footwell cover other then a little cutting for fitment? Is it held down with zip ties or hardware? Looks like maybe zip ties from some pics I've seen but want to confirm.
  16. P

Seatbelts

Does anyone have pics of how the Corbeau harnesses are attached to the Goblin behind the seats?
  17. P

Write up on bleeding brakes and clutch?

There is a lot of info in many different locations on several different ways to bleed the system, for those of us new to the process (me included) it's a little confusing. I'm wondering if there is a step by step write up on the process of filling/bleeding the brake and clutch system. If not...
  18. P

Advice for seats and belts?

Going to be mounting my DF supplied seats and harnesses soon and was wondering what is the best order for this? Attach the mou ts to the seats then to the car or attach the mounts to the car then add the seats? Does anyone have some decent pics of the harness connections?
  19. P

Is there a write up on the rear brakes?

Needing some help here. Never done brakes before and it's an important part to get correct. Is there a step by step how-to for the DF supplied solstice rear brakes? Thanks in advance!
  20. P

Billet parking brake?

I have the DF billet shifter...and the donor hand brake looks terrible next to it. Are there any options out there for a billet hand brake?