Search results

1. G

2007 Cobalt SS supercharged for sale Now $2,000. including everything

OK, so finally I got pictures. The Thanksgiving gathering helped as my sons put this together. Everything is there a, supercharged, SS, 5-speed with nice alloy wheels. The buyer I had never showed up after a month of stories. A trailer and winch or tow truck would make retrieval easy. Call me...
  2. G

Everything is the same but my wife is pressuring me to get things in order as my health and ability to deal with this stuff fades. We were blessed as the storm didn't get here as predicted with no water damage, and everything is under shelter and/or inside in an air-conditioned space. The buyer...
  3. G

Health forces me to part with the project. This is a nice donor. I found this donor in Michigan some months ago at auction, it was drivable with very little damage to the front grill, it has 67,000 miles, alloy wheels, 5 speed trans. The engine, transmission, interior and dash/ wiring harness...
  4. G

Vendor for Quaife

I chose the short route. The used 5 spd. gearbox with LSD should be here in a week. $2,000. including shipping. 65,000 miles http://www.qualityusedtransmissions.com/
  5. G

Vendor for Quaife

I want to buy the Quaife LSD to install in my F-35. So I've Googled Quaife and a few U.K. websites pop up and the only Chevy they have listed is the Corvette. Obviously, I'm off track here, where do I go to purchase the Quaife hardware for my application? Thanks- as usual
  6. G

Ross, you were helpful in helping me find out what drive I have. Now that I know that it's not...

Ross, you were helpful in helping me find out what drive I have. Now that I know that it's not an LSD, where can I shop for the correct Quaife kit for my F35 transmission?
  7. G

Clutch will not engage

Thanks, Chubbs I don't like wasting funds so I'll cross that one off the list and put the savings toward the LSD for my F35 trans.
  8. G

Recommendations for books on performance mods

Firstly, I want to apologize to this forum because all I do is ask for help and so far have not made positive contributions. I'm aware of that and as soon as I somehow figure out something that this forum hasn't, I'd be more than glad to share. I've spent a bit of time reading here and watching...
  9. G

Clutch will not engage

Well Sasq, that may very well be the answer here. The disk springs protrude a bit on one side so perhaps somebody was able to put a clutch in backward and it worked long enough to have the car get in an accident. The salvage yard may have "Joy Rode" the car until the pressure plate reached the...
  10. G

Clutch will not engage

OK, it’s been a while but health issues have kept me out of the shop. The engine is out and separated from the transmission. When I unbolted the pressure plate, there was no tension and in fact I had to pry it from the flywheel. So hopefully that’s the issue. The clutch friction disk looked...
  11. G

Clutch will not engage

Thanks, I think. I was afraid of that, something that may be above my paygrade to fix. I'll be investigating the issue when I return next Wednesday from visiting my son. The car was owned by a young nurse that took excellent care of it from what I can see and at 67,000 miles just did a small...
  12. G

Clutch will not engage

I Have my donor car running, (2007 Cobalt SS with supercharger) it’s a 5 speed and the engine runs well. I cannot get any motion no matter what gear I put it in, the linkage is attached and in order. There isn’t any noise or rpm decrease when releasing the clutch pedal. I was told at the...
  13. G

Is this possible?

Thanks for the replies, all good stuff. No sooner than I posted the question than I spotted another Florida Goblin owner's great post about how he got it done here in FL. So I'll follow his lead and be legal as well as happy with the insurance co.
  14. G

Successful Florida registration 4/28/22

Congratulations, I'm in Fl. just south of you 15 miles south of Sarasota. I'm frame #406 and may have it delivered in a few weeks. I just posted a thread about using the current title as it is unblemished but your solution is now front and center. Thank you for posting the instructions. Perhaps...
  15. G

Is this possible?

OK, frame # 406 here. I bought a 2006 SS at auction and it has a clean title, no mention of salvage, etc. So I'm here in Nokomis, Florida, and have read the tales of woe in trying to get tags for a kit car here. So the question is, why can't I just register the DF kit car like a 2006 Chevy...
  16. G

Ignition switch key or?

I found some stuff with perhaps the previous owners name. I’ll google the name and see if they might have a key in their junk drawer - a long shot but who knows. When the auction site stated that the key was missing, I didn’t think it was a big deal because I didn’t know that inexpensive cars...
  17. G

Ignition switch key or?

Thanks, I used a jack and got it off the trailer. so, now it would be great to start it. The folks at Copart said the title will take 4-6 weeks. I’ve spoken to locksmith’s,a ,dealer and Independant guys, they all need a clean title so a legitimate key with the chip properly addressed is 4-6...
  18. G

Ignition switch key or?

I got my ’07 Chevy Cobalt SS home last night, it was an auction vehicle that staTed that it was running and driving but they lost the key. The Chevy dealer says that I must have a title, registration and license that match in my name to cut a key. A forklift put it on the trailer and the wheels...
  19. G

Information overload frame # 406

OK - The chassis —- powder coat or epoxy paint and primer.
  20. G

Information overload frame # 406

Thanks, you’re right but I wanted to have you veterans take a look at my order and tell me if I need something more at this stage. I’d rather do it now and do it once than rebuild later. The engine, I’m told can be easily boosted with a smaller blower pulley and a chip.