Search results

1. A

Ah. B. Normal: GOB-BALT build has Started!

The past few days have been spent disassembling another donor, too cheap to pass up! 08 silver more door. Sadly all it needed was this 2.2 I pulled out of an HHR, but I am not in the business of resurrecting the rolling stock for an airport rental fleet. "Igor! Whose Brain was this?" "Abby...
  2. A

2007 SS/SC disassembled donor for sale- Make me an offer

I am taking an 09/07 car apart. now if I just knew for sure that all body harnesses were the same. I have to compare the ends at the fuse panel with the ones on an SS. If you have the ends I could compare them. I am near Columbus. GA. look back in this thread for my number and text first so I...
  3. A

You need a main harness? Have you checked with DF? They have some used parts available. Also, when you say, "main harness" are you meaning a completed one for a Goblin or the body and dash harnesses from a donor?
  4. A

Josh's City Goblin - 10 XFE Donor

Just Dern! I was there a few weeks ago! If this wasn't my garage weeks I'd do it. But I have only about 6 weeks of Garage time available back here in GA and thus far GOB-BALT only rolls and even that is temporary, welding strut tops in place soon!(I've only had 2 days with it thus far and much...
  5. A

Well, the battery and spare go up front. I will probably duct the radiator flow out through the hood. Since there will be no rear seat I was hoping to keep the tank near it's original location, under the back seat cushion area. I expect I will be raising the tank up 3" to clear the front sub...
  6. A

If you have a Saws all and can do some simple welding this could clear that mess from your garage and make it roll. I have an 07 victim(blk, 2.2, F23) somewhat gutted already by a 24hrs Lemons group. It rolls. 678-464-3341. I am on a time crunch, after 1 September I'll be hard to get on the...
  7. A

Actually on the ground in Greenville now! And it is pouring rain. I emptied a 2.2 block to use as a mock up. It came with an 09 4 door that had been hacked up, turbo'd and wrung out! Split the bore on #3. I found a load of broken roller rocker bits as well. I have no info about the moment it...
  8. A

Jeep,Explorer,F150

Jeez! I turn my back on you for a year and look what happens! I can't wait to see how all this turns out!:cool:
  9. A

Is there a difference??

I'm not sure I care what engine he chooses. The experiment can only benefit us all! My experiment so far is in "Other Builds". I have gleaned much about your donors! I like to share the things I've found out the hard way. Helping others makes many of the self inflicted headaches I have endured...
  10. A

Maybe add fiberglass bug screen over the deflectors? I feel sure your front wheels are throwing small rocks.
  11. A

I am hoping we can meet up on June 11 when HRPT stops at Nashville Superspeedway? Noon to about...

I am hoping we can meet up on June 11 when HRPT stops at Nashville Superspeedway? Noon to about 7PM, admission is free.
  12. A

This is sooooo Cool! Lovin' it!:cool:
  13. A

{Like I need another project?} I know it doesn't fix the loss but maybe a less expensive route? Had you considered returning all of this goodness to a Cobalt body? I've seen many viable recipients languishing around.(I'm near Columbus, GA) They claim the SS's are fun in their own right! Do all...
  14. A

Happy Birthday Adam!

Well way to go; the cat is outta the bag now fellas. Adam, congrats on getting older!
  15. A

Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

Mesh for a air deflector can be reclaimed from dead trampolines on the cheap! Look for one that the wind tore up, sun baked and weathered is usually a poor donor.
  16. A

Welded differential

And that Mustang is where today? I hope we can meet on Hot Rod Power Tour's stop in Nashville! I believe I'll be driving GOB-BALT;;) unless this project kicks my ass in a bad way!
  17. A

Is there a difference??

I and others still would enjoy seeing where this is all going! My position has always been, Power it how ya want!, just don't be surprised when/if you find your brand X engine and trans(in spite of copious effort) produces insufficient gain vs modification expense! .....Contrary to...
  18. A

Welded differential

Cheap, tends to cause wacky tire wear, breaks other stuff sometimes, like CV joints. Sometimes negative affects are seen while turning.
  19. A

Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

Wait for the NO. (Then only do one more a week.o_O)
  20. A

Dan's #495 build (2006 SS/SC)

There's a tattoo you'll regret......when the next impossible problem hits you!:rolleyes:;)