Search results

1. A

2.4’s ONLY!

Please!, feel free to just point me to a source on all of this!!.....Is there any obvious outward difference on 2.4 VS 2.2?......Where else have the 2.4 motors also been used? Malibu?..... Are there 2.4 that are not VVT?...... What year did they stop using EcoTec motors that are the...
  2. A

VVT disabled?

Has anyone run a VVT motor with the VVT not hooked up or disabled? Or put a VVT motor in a car using a pre VVT wiring harness w/o VVT connections? I have several 2.2 motors lying around! Most VVT(I think?) I expect I will be shoving one of them into a body(something I find/buy after I am back)...
  3. A

Zero to 60 in Goblin's with N/A Motors

Just curious. 0 to 60, N/A auto or Manual. (You SS guys can chime in but this is just some baseline research. Go ahead and brag, :cool:It is fun!) Mine is a 5 speed. I'm not looking for "verified times", though if you have some sort of verification please list it! Drag Strip timers are very...
  4. A

Positive post caps for sale

Still NOT giving them away! These baubles and many others could be yours! Some even find my prices reasonable! Order your today!
  5. A

F35 spotter!

I wander around so just because I saw it doesn't mean it is still there! Check the date of my post! Yesterday,(Mon, Nov, 20) in Tucson, AZ at Pull a Part on E. Michigan. I spotted what appears to be an F35 in a 2000(fairly sure on the build date?) Saturn L series sedan!, it is mated to an...
  6. A

UN-Classified! Sasquatch pix!

It's real! I've got pix of the Desert Sasquatch, riding an absolutely ancient Segway prototype! No Hands! Arizona, Land of Miracles! {I also saw gas for $3 a gallon today, but nobody believes that!}
  7. A

Sasquatch pix!?

I saw this today! It’s a Desert Sasquatch! And he saw me!, but now he is complaining that nobody believes HIM! He is riding an Original Segway! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! I didn't think a Segway that old would still work!
  8. A

PARTS? Little bits and stuff found!

Have you lost some bolts, brackets or other cobalt tidbits? I just finished helping a Goblin in Ft. Worth get finished, that was fun! I try to help builds when I can. I go to the yards every 2 weeks or so. I am willing to pick and send little bits and parts. The bigger stuff can be trouble...
  9. A

Galveston, Again?

A shout out to the North Houston gang. I will again be in Galveston for about a month or so, after Christmas. A get together at the beach this coming New Year? I'm still promising a Sonic single(cheese is extra) and two(2)! bottles of water to all goblin owners showing up in their Goblin!(basic...
  10. A

What does good luck look like?

To all Goblin builders and interested parties: Lady Luck ain't to be ignored! Things aren't always how they seem and when things work out it's pretty damned sweet! June 10th I became a Grand Pa for the second time! We had to be in El Paso, Tx just to help. In my free time, since I am far from my...
  11. A

I need a Goblin Image

I want a Image for Gob-Balt. I thought maybe a goblin in a black suit? or a Tux? Any Ideas out there?
  12. A

Ah. B. Normal: GOB-BALT build has Started!

So begins the Saga of GOB-BALT! "Looks like a Cobalt, steers like a Goblin!" Please don't be expecting too many pix, as this build was developing I was sure pix would be of little entertainment value, my finished product will generally look like a Cobalt coupe. I'll be showing pix of the...
  13. A

Anyone with knowledge on the B5 transaxle from VW/Audi?

Does anyone have knowledge and links to VW/ Audi(no AWD versions needed) Ft wheel drive/2wd B5 transaxles, OEM applications?, possible donors?, Strongest/weakest?, Prettiest/ugliest?, Momma never loved 'em Orphans needing new homes? Also, half shafts to connect to Cobalt knuckles? Bring the...
  14. A

Does anyone need an excuse to go to the Beach!?

I hear there are several Goblins in the Huston area. I am on Galveston island(south of Jamaica Beach at the KOA) for the next 2 months and I would enjoy seeing some Goblins and asking their owners questions about their builds. I'm considering "bribing owners" with "Stellar Gifts" like 1(one)...
  15. A

I found It! no longer needed 07/08Wiring!

My life forces me to work in unconventional ways. I am researching how to convert a Automatic Engine wiring harness to Manual. The Automatic Engine Harness I have weeded apart leads me to think this is possible. Although made together, the ECM and the TCM wiring don't actually intermingle except...
  16. A

Automatic to manual conversion?

This is more of a curiosity than a need! THEORYS ARE WELCOME! Don't bother to ask why or mention that "this is impossible", this is just a plea for greater information. ("Impossible" and "hard to do" are not synonyms in my vocabulary. "Waste of time" is merely an opinion. Feel free to spout...
  17. A

Toe Link Bar question?

My project needs a Toe Link Bar. How do I buy just that part? Thanks in advance!
  18. A

2 door body search

********THIS IS NOT EXACTLY A GOBLIN POST AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY ANTI GOBLIN!**** I must confess I am(so far)just lurker here. I have had many cars and have modified mucho junk! For my next toy I want to build a Goblin BUT I have "issues". I like being indoors(even as I drive) so does the...