Search results

1. N

Goblin Car Cover??

Have a few places the goblin will be headed in the spring and if it rains just wondering what options are out there for a car cover. Anyone found anything that fits well?
  2. N

Where is engine model stamping located (if it exists)?

My donor was a prior salvage vehicle and when purchased there were some interesting conversations around the year of the car, i know that sounds weird. Curious is the engine was possibly from another vehicle and want to confirm what ecotec version i have. The title shows 2008 so i assumed i...
  3. N

Front license plate mount?

Trying to find a good place to mount the front license plate (yes, required where i live :( ). Anyone have any good examples of how they've mounted their front plates with the DF hood in place?
  4. N

Aftermarket or custom auto shifter assembly?

I know someone on here i think made their own auto shifter assembly to replace the stop bulky setup. Wondering if any can share what they did for aftermarket or custom auto shifter assemblies/mounting? And also, how do you address the sensor/wiring that prevents removal of key from ignition if...
  5. N

Seatbelt harness mounting??

I've never used 4,5,6 point harnesses or mounted them before. Does anyone have pictures of where and how they mounted their harnesses to the chassis? So far my research says camlock is the way to go for ease of in and out but im still quite naive..... and orange camlock harness are few and far...
  6. N

N/A to Supercharger modification

Wondering if anyone has added a supercharger to their stock naturally aspirated goblin? I have a 2008 (i know, weak engine) 2.2L and I came across a good deal on a supercharger, intake, and TB. I see that ZZPerformance sells a kits that. Looking for some with experience in adding a...
  7. N

OBDII Connector

Can someone post up a picture of the OBDII diagnostic port main harness connector (and connection)? Working to get the goblin started and for some reason cant seem to find where i put the OBDII connector (and cant figure out what connector on the main harness would connect to it. Thanks! :)
  8. N

First Start - no crank condition...

Trying to start goblin for first time. Power to gauge panel as expected. Turn key to start position and nothing. - Confirmed butterfly throttle moves when throttle is pushed - Can hear throttle body motor reset when cycling key off and to start position - Confirmed ground connections from...
  9. N

Nilbog's Matte Blaze 08 LT

Hi everyone. I usually lurk around forums without documenting much but i've had so much fun with this project so far i figured i'd share my experiences. Will be using mostly as a weekend toy on the street if i can get it licensed. Already have insurance determined through my current provider...
  10. N

Separating transmission from engine and reassembly

First time working on a FWD vehicle drivetrain, im used to LSX drivetrains. Engine/Transmission all stripped down and cleaned. Starting to prep for painting and would prefer to separate the two for paint and then reassemble. Anything to note for separating and reassembly? Any available quick...
  11. N

City frame size?

Does anyone know the bare frame size? HxWxL Trying to determine size of oven i'll need to powder coat it. Not extended version. Thanks
  12. N

Dummy lights tuned out?

Working through thinning out the harness right now from the donor. Realizing how many wires/sensors are being pulled from the harness and wondering how these will or will not light up the cluster in the goblin. Are most sensors (door, seat, etc) that have their own individual indicators (Door...
  13. N

Order placed.... any lessons learned from other builds/builders?

Hi all. I usually tend to jump in head first and have done so again. Just picked up an 07 LT with 72K on it as my donor. Planning to build with stock engine and potentially one day modify. Order is placed for a full door city and i also grabbed a copy of HP tuners. I used Hptuners back in...