Search results

1. jirwin

SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

Nice to see this works. Doing the same with 3D printed shims sometime soonish
  2. jirwin

Bell housing spacer necessity

How thick is the spacer, and how good are you at CAD? You could always recreate it and have SendCutSend make it.
  3. jirwin

City to Track (no cage to full cage) Conversion

Thats kinda what I was hoping for
  4. jirwin

Yeah, I'm sure I could figure it out myself if I have to, but I dont have a welder, tube bender, etc. If I'm doing it for safety I wouldn't be welding it myself anyway. I'd prefer to pay them to do it, but I haven't been able to get ahold of them so far to see if its possible. Thats why I was...
  5. jirwin

Has anyone done this aside from @Ross? http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/rosss-extended-city-easy-entry-goblin-06-ss-sc-nw-arkansas.847/post-53221 I've been looking at doing it lately because I've made way way more power then I ever initially planned on making and am starting to race...
  6. jirwin

Michigan builders.

I'll be here weather permitting. 1/8th mile no prep drag racing on an airstrip in Gladwin. Had a lot of fun last year. https://m.facebook.com/events/917905360078019
  7. jirwin

Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

I see you've adopted my motto
  8. jirwin

ZZP and Goblins?

I agree, but I get why they do it. For example I had a bunch of back and forth with Matt there because my MAF reading was way off due to the custom nature of the setup. He spent a lot of time messing with the tune to try to get me a solution to what was really my problem. That's what the extra...
  9. jirwin

ZZP and Goblins?

I like ZZP. They've been nothing but helpful to me. Really great company to work with. That being said, and not to be a pessimist, but after listening to them talk about the R&D costs (both monetarily and financially) in previous ZZP Power Hour podcast I don't foresee them doing much for what is...
  10. jirwin

Josh's City Goblin - 10 XFE Donor

Flexible dipstick tube didn't end up working out. The fitting were too long. I ended up just modifying the dipstick tube gently in a vice. Its in a good position and secure now. I also almost have my radiators added to the heat exchanger loop. Pics to come when its all done. I would like to...
  11. jirwin

Registering in MI

Read thru this thread though. A lot of people got away with a lot less, and theres always the Montana route
  12. jirwin

Registering in MI

Yes, added safety glass, wiper, sprayer, bumpers, ebrake. You fill out a TR54, surrender the Cobalt title, pay the taxes, and get a final "inspection" where they give you a VIN sticker
  13. jirwin

For sale Goblin #445

Track or City frame? How did you get away titling it as a Cobalt?
  14. jirwin

For sale Goblin #445

Didnt know there was another Mid Michigan Goblin! I'm over in Bay City. Is it auto or manual? GLWS!
  15. jirwin

Michigan builders.

At least the weather's going to be crap again for another week or more. Makes me feel less bad that my to-do list is still huge
  16. jirwin

Fenix's Goblin #461 - 2010 Base Auto

What did you use for the scan?
  17. jirwin

Engine Covers

I've wanted to do this, solely for looks, for a long time. I'll be dabbling in fiberglass once it gets warm enough outside for me to use it. I think it would look sweet! You could definitely get something to work NA, but it would be fairly custom of course. You won't be getting much of a ram air...
  18. jirwin

The drain plug was stuck in so I got the smart idea to tap it. The tap worked and I got a big bolt in there. I used 2x4s as a shim and made a crude bearing puller. It worked!... But snapped the remainder in two. I said screw it and ordered a $65 pan. In the meantime, I'm working on something...
  19. jirwin

Heat was the solution. The RTV was (relatively) cold at 50F, so babysitting it with my new heat gun probably got it up near 70F or 80F. That got it to pop lose and then it was just a matter of wiggling it back and forth until it popped off.
  20. jirwin

Fuel pump fuse keeps blowing

That's exactly what I did. I couldn't find a good way to jump into the relay, so I used two of those spade connectors cut down to the width of the relay pin. Not ideal, but it works.