Search results

1. jirwin

Tow-Rig - 2003 Silverado 1500HD - Quadrasteer

Starting a separate post as to not clog up my build thread with more truck stuff. This is my new (to me) 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD. 6.0L, 4L80E, and (working) quadrasteer! Its from Texas so its mostly rust free. Looking forward to modifying this to eventually make it my DD and replace my...
  2. jirwin

City to Track (no cage to full cage) Conversion

Has anyone done this aside from @Ross? http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/rosss-extended-city-easy-entry-goblin-06-ss-sc-nw-arkansas.847/post-53221 I've been looking at doing it lately because I've made way way more power then I ever initially planned on making and am starting to race...
  3. jirwin

Brake Line Fittings

Does anyone know the size and type of the brake lime fittings? Video shows 12mm for the lines, and 10/14mm for the master IIRC. Looking to install a line lock and will be needing to make some custom lines
  4. jirwin

Ice Racing

Well... it is currently 38F out right now and I'm already starting to get the winter blues. My dad and I got to talking about building a sand rail or similar and I went to lookup what the SCCA offers for RallyCross in our neck of the woods. I stumbled across SCCA Ice Racing...
  5. jirwin

2.2/2.4 Supercharger Kit, AEM Methanol Injection Kit, Various other parts

Ok! I'm finally getting around to getting rid of some of my old stuff! The 2.2/2.4L supercharger kit and methanol injection kit I would like to sell all together, but if I have trouble selling I'll consider piecing things out. Would prefer local pickup, and will offer a discount if so. Otherwise...
  6. jirwin

LSJ / M62 Intake

M62 (and I suppose TVS) guys, can you please post pictures of your intake tubes with a description? I'm running a cobbled together setup that ZZP is finding is giving weird MAF readings when getting off throttle. Looking for a better solution and wanted to see what everyone here is running. Thanks!
  7. jirwin

[SOLD] LSJ Tensioner and Idler Pulley Assembly

Looking for the entire LSJ tensioner and idler assembly (all brackets and whatnot included) pictured here:
  8. jirwin

[FOR SALE] New F23 Clutch and Flywheel

For sale, new LUK F23 Clutch and Flywheel. I paid ~ $220 for it, but I used the slave cylinder (throw out bearing assembly) from the kit. Just looking to get rid of it to fund other replacement parts. Make me an offer
  9. jirwin

ZZP Coil Supplier?

You guys think this is ZZP's coil supplier? LNF/LE5 https://zzperformance.com/collections/ecotec/products/zzp-high-voltage-coil-packs-lnf-lhu-le5 https://www.npboosted.com/collections/lnf-2-0l-turbo/products/2007-2015-ignition-coil-packs-chevy-buick-saturn-pontiac-g4-2-0l-turbo-2-2l-2-4l LSJ...
  10. jirwin

Zero Mile LSJ

Unaffiliated to this, but just saw it on marketplace. Don't see a zero mile LSJ every day. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/726234875957678/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post
  11. jirwin

LE5 2.4 Cams in LAP 2.2

Alright this has bugged me long enough. I thought I could enlist the help of the forum to see what you all think. There's a lot of smart people on here, so maybe we can figure it out together. The question I'm looking to answer is: Can you use LE5 cams (and performance cams) in the LAP...
  12. jirwin

ATI Super Damper Removal

Anyone with an ATI Super Damper ever remove theirs? I'm thinking about adding one when I do some engine work this winter. Its press fit so I'm worried I won't be able to get it back off later if I need to do timing stuff/oil pump.
  13. jirwin

SOLD - ZZP Neutral Balance Shafts

Brand new ZZP Neutral Balance shafts: https://zzperformance.com/products/neutral-balance-shafts-1 Decided to go the route of doing the blockoffs instead. Asking $200 + shipping.
  14. jirwin

SS/SC AC Pump (Pulley)

I'm debating doing a 5->6 rib conversion on my pulleys if I upgrade my 2.2 internals to handle more boost. The ZZP belt routing for the 2.2 SC kit requires the AC pulley. I'm using a gutted AC pump as a pulley. Easiest way I can think of to go 6 rib is getting my hands on an LSJ 6 rib pulley...
  15. jirwin

Oversized Pistons

I'm toying with the idea of forged internals since its the only realistic upgrade path for me and my supercharged 2.2 LAP. There are two piston options - 86mm and 86.5mm. My understanding is that as the engine wears, the cylinder walls wear and lose shape. Due to this wear, people will have a...
  16. jirwin

Intermittent No Power/Start

This just started again recently. No lights or anything when the key is turned. I take the negative terminal off, and put it back on, and power returns. Jumping makes no difference. I assume this is a low battery or short safety. When this first happened, my terminals were loose. I replaced them...
  17. jirwin

[SOLD] - ZZP LSJ S3 Cobalt Heat Exchanger

Bought as a part of their supercharger kit. I was going to try to fit it in, but I have other plans now. ZZP Store Link ($219): https://zzperformance.com/collections/ecotec-intercooling/products/zzp-lsj-s3-cobalt-heat-exchanger-1 I'm asking $150 + shipping.
  18. jirwin

2.2L Clutch Upgrade?

For no particular reason at all... I may be in search of a new clutch. I can't quite tell, but I think I'm smelling what I think is burnt clutch when I hammer it now. If I do have to replace the clutch (which btw has 130k on it) do I need to upgrade it? How much torque can the stock one...
  19. jirwin

Vacuum Port / Nipple on SC Intake Manifold

What is this nipple for? I capped it originally thinking it was vacuum, but after it flew off it was obvious that it was on the boost side... so of course it would fly off. What is it for? Should I block it off with something a bit tighter?
  20. jirwin

Battery Disconnect/Isolation Switch

I'm trying to think of the best way to install a battery isolation/disconnect switch on the car. What have you guys done? Please post pictures if you have any.