“Purple wire”

pisco

At the end of video # 10 “combining the harnesses” lonny says to take the rd/wt and purple wires and tape near the epa Mark.
I have no purple wire... anybody know what circuit it is or what it feeds?

pisco

Thank you.
I hope I didn’t miss much more.
While I’m here what is the red/white wire for. They both get rolled up and no label...

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
If I remember right, it's either used for power to the intercooler fan, or just to be saved for ignition-on power for any optional accessory.

I should add that the fog light circuit is turned on by the ACC switch on DF's button panel.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The RD/WH was from the donor,s radio AMP and is always hot. As Ark said the purple is from the donor's fog lamps. I leave one in the back near the fuse box and extend the other up to the dash.
You should have added a red wire from a pink wire coming from one of the BCM connectors to power the heat exchanger fan.
Most small pink wires are hot with key on.

pisco

The RD/WH was from the donor,s radio AMP and is always hot. As Ark said the purple is from the donor's fog lamps. I leave one in the back near the fuse box and extend the other up to the dash.
You should have added a red wire from a pink wire coming from one of the BCM connectors to power the heat exchanger fan.
Most small pink wires are hot with key on.
Thanks a lot
I have that heat exchanger fan off the other direction.
It probably would be easier if I didn’t decide to add circuits for possible later add ins