'05 SS/SC Fuel Pump Harness?

jcdman

Hey everyone, I'm running through the wiring harness videos and I've hit a bit of a problem. My fuel pump/harness looks nothing like the video and it's got me stumped. I know the purple/tan/grey wires coming out of the main harness are the fuel pump wires, but my harness doesn't have any of these colors, and there are wires going directly into my pump (seen in the second photo). Sorry for the lengthy post, but hopefully there's enough here to explain my problem thoroughly.

(1) My whole harness excluding the EVAP system

(2) Fuel Pump

(3) Fuel Pressure Sensor. Wires (left to right): Red/Pink stripe - Grey/Red trip - Brown/White stripe

(4) Larger Connector. Top Row of wires are going directly into the fuel pump. Bottom Row of wires go to the fuel pressure sensor

(5) Underside of Larger Connector. The Top row here with the purple/grey/tan/black correlate to the top row from photo 4
(yellow/white stripe -> purple, pink/black stripe -> grey, pink/orange stripe -> tan, black -> black)
bottom row correlates to the bottom row from photo 4

What I'm really confused about is the wires that I would think are my fuel pump wires (after watching the video) are going directly into my pump rather than the fuel pressure sensor. The course of action that I think I need to do is: Cut all the wires at the large connector and solder the wires from the fuel pressure sensor into the center of wires going straight to the fuel pump essentially making a T harness. My crude paint drawing below explains it a little better. Does this sound like the best course of action? Or do I need to get a whole new pump and harness?

(6) My possible work around?

Liquid_Cheddar

What ended up being the solution to this? DF is reworking my harness and I need to get this sent in. I'm tempted to just cut the wires here.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I thought the 2005 donor cars used a 2006 or 07 fuel pump and sender unit when in a Goblin. I would label those wires, then cut them.
I don't think my 2006 donor has that fuel pressure sensor.... just 4 wires come out of my fuel pump and sender unit.

According to this wiring diagram, your fuel pressure sensor is separate from the fuel pump/fuel sender unit.
Here is another diagram with the fuel tank pressure sensor. Red/pink is low reference (5V-). Brown/white is 5V+, Gray/red is signal out to the PCM.

The fuel pump uses pink/black 12V+, and black 12V-.
The fuel sender beside it, and uses the pink/orange wire for low reference 5V-... so yellow is the only wire left, must be the signal to the PCM. I will bet if you follow those 2 wires inside the fuel tank, they have a variable resistor between them, and a fuel level arm attached to it.