06 supercharger Coolant hoses orientation

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Maybe slightly off-topic, but I've been looking for how people have set up the Option B configuration. I'm not sure how to get the small air purge tube properly routed, and I'm not sure where to put the tank itself.

I've only recently put my order in, and it will be some time before I get the stage 1 frame and parts. So in the meantime I am doing a lot of planning and research, and dusting off old ideas from when I used to drive this car. I wasn't sure if people run the small air purge tube all the way from the intercooler (especially if it is in the front where I think mine will be), or I was thinking I could run the air purge tube from a T fitting just before the flow enters the laminova endplate. Assuming I keep the configuration in the car where I have the pump fitted on the hot side where the coolant exits the manifold. But I definitely want to work out how best to fit the air purge tube and the coolant tank itself.

Thanks!
This is what I had ended up doing for the Option B tank, which I copied from the Ariel Atom. I wanted to keep the area open around the dipstick.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Did you tap the intake manifold for the bleed line?
Yes. That's where the small hose, connected to the top of Oprion B tank, is connected to.
The only time I've seen air come through that line is when first running the HE pump after initial installation and fill. There was a bit of burping that did occur at that time.
It's reassuring to know that any air that could be trapped in the intercooler is purged.

Zoidborg

This is what I had ended up doing for the Option B tank, which I copied from the Ariel Atom. I wanted to keep the area open around the dipstick.
Thanks yeah I saw your thread in my scouring of the forums. Not sure that I want to mount it on top of the engine, but it's an idea to keep in mind. Probably mostly personal taste.

jaredthenav

Just to confirm, is the ZZP Option B tank identical to the cobalt coolant overflow tank? And DF's prototype bracket, is essentially a mirror image of the one for the coolant overflow tank? Rockauto has the coolant overflow tank listed for $17. A little hose, some T connectors and clamps (and a fitting) and I've saved a bit over the $95 that ZZP charges for the Option B kit... Am I missing something?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Just to confirm, is the ZZP Option B tank identical to the cobalt coolant overflow tank? And DF's prototype bracket, is essentially a mirror image of the one for the coolant overflow tank? Rockauto has the coolant overflow tank listed for $17. A little hose, some T connectors and clamps (and a fitting) and I've saved a bit over the $95 that ZZP charges for the Option B kit... Am I missing something?
Honestly??? … no you’re not missing anything. I haven’t tapped the intake manifold yet when I should’ve during the engine rebuild so I might need to removed all of that again just to tap it. I’m not even sure what option B really helps with other than ensuring all the trapped air is removed from the system, which could be done using a vacuum on the system (like the OEM procedure for the clutch bleeding).