#180, SpeedHacks City, 06' SS, Take 2

speedhacks

Hello everyone! My name is Kevin and just picked up an in progress build. I'm in WV just outside Northern VA. Frame number #180, originally delivered to Wisconsin. I found that person selling the doner / kit in progress. We met in Ohio on Sunday and transferred everything. I had been looking for a doner for over a month now at this point, but happened to come across this. I think there's definitely a lot more risk not knowing exactly what needs done, what hasn't been, etc but at the same time I'm also not too worried. Got an email in to DF to see about getting stage 2 ordered.

Not going to lie though, I did have a minor oh sh*t moment when I unpacked the wiring harness. I felt so defeated before even starting Didn't take too long to clean it up. Almost finished thinning! Maybe 4 hours in.

Attachments

speedhacks

I'm pretty pleased with it myself. It is a spray bomb job though, so I see myself some day being bored in winter and pulling it apart to put some catalized paint on it. I think I'm going to wrap the hood, fenders, and sides gloss white, or white "carbon fiber". Blue seats probably but to honest it's all still up in the air a bit :)

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
One thing I am noticing right away is, your brake fluid reservoir is on backwards. Looks like the previous owner did not install the provided kit to reverse its direction, for some reason.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Welcome! Charles Town? I still have family who live in Loudoun County and drive up a few times a year.

Looks like you have a solid base to start from! The wiring service is an option if it gets to be too much. I had that same oh **** moment when the bare frame showed up.

speedhacks

Yup. Charles Town. It's a beautiful area. I can't wait for that first drive down through Harper's Ferry.

speedhacks

My first set back (of many I'm sure). I accidentally cut out the brown union, I think one wire went to A7 on the red multi plug at the BCM, and the rest dangling, which is why I cut it out. I had to depin and fix it at the BCM side. And resoldered a new union probably better than the factory did. I think 4 loose wires go toward the fuse box, 2 loose wires go back toward the BCM. Anyone able to confirm that what I did as shown is correct before I keep going?

Attachments

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Sounds correct to me. Those are your running lights, so if you plan to outfit your Goblin with lights that are different then those provided, you would want to add leads now.

speedhacks

Ok struggling a bit with this one... 06 SS/SC donor. I think it's passenger airbag indicator light. Red and green wires go to the cluster connector. Two black wires to ground, one gray wire to the junction, back to the grey multiplug.

Red and blue connector, no idea. Tan wire goes to BCM. My diagram doesn't show anything going there at all. Red wire to multiplug. Black to ground.

Also, when I removed the connector for the radio, one green wire (security) made it's way back to the this block, but seems like it's supposed to be saved?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Last pic.

That green radio wire goes to the data block (the thing with all the green wires). The radio wire is not needed.

My brain is foggy on the other 2conmectors. Maybe someone else can help or I’ll look at mine when I get home.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Mine broke apart when I removed it, so I took the guts and put them in a evap purge valve filter box, I have laying around. Then I realized it’s not needed, so I hooked it up anyways for my effort.

speedhacks

Yeah I just realized that I forgot to clip the other side of that green wire when I thinned the radio connector from the harness. There's been so many wires I'm a mad man at this point. :cool:

jaredthenav

I THINK that black and red plug went to the info buttons on the 06 (that are on the dash) due to the old steering wheel. At least that is what I think I labeled it. Those wires would go to the button panel on the kit to allow you to cycle through the info screens on the right side of the cluster.

speedhacks

Ah yeah! That makes a lot of sense. Mine was also missing that white airbag indicator connector so I skipped that entirely.