#180, SpeedHacks City, 06' SS, Take 2

speedhacks

Yeah I'll pull the rear tires and double check everything. I dropped rear tire pressure to 22 and front to 19. Getting tags next week so I should know a bit more when I can actually get it on the road

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The prop valve made all the difference. Eye ball popping really. I have it set to the front just starts to lock up before the rear. I'd rather face a situation where the car pushes a bit than lose the rear end and it comes around.
It is a game changer, that’s for sure. :cool:

Ross

Goblin Guru
The prop valve...

Now - at around 50mph and flooring it causes the rear end to wag a lot. I'm somewhat familiar with it. I suspect due to the soft poly bushings in the lower control arms.

Either way, car is a blast. I am loving it. Also - totally a crowd pleaser. Waves, horn honks, everything lol
I bet you are correct.

This spherical bushing takes the wiggle out of the stock soft rubber bushing.
Control Arm Bushing MOOG K201285

Maybe these Prothane Front Control Arm Bushings 7-244 too.

speedhacks

I bet you are correct.

This spherical bushing takes the wiggle out of the stock soft rubber bushing.
Control Arm Bushing MOOG K201285

Maybe these Prothane Front Control Arm Bushings 7-244 too.
Funny enough I have them. Just need to install them.

Probably should grab the prothane ones too while I'm at it.
Now just need to find someone to press them in for me.

speedhacks

I've been told WV is very kit car friendly.
WV DMV took my money and gave me tags. (they are temporary tags, but I'm hopeful that it will go through). There was definitely a lot of back and forth, odd looks, pauses, questions and so on.

The major items were
-DF Kit Car MCO
-Invoice printed out matching that MCO
-Completed and signed DMV-1-TR (Application for Certificate of Title)
-Completed and signed DMV-TM-1 (Odometer Disclosure Statement)
-Insurance paperwork
-Check payable for 6% sales tax and fees to WV DMV

Within the next 60-days I should receive a title and final registration from WV.
I need to get it inspected which I don't think will be an issue.

speedhacks

If you are near Houston I’ll do it for you. Or buy a HF press. Always need new tools :D

helpful hint:
freeze the bushing and heat up the control arm to press them in.
I've got a press. I think I will give it a shot. I'll try the freeze new bushing and cut the old one out like I've seen others do.

speedhacks

It's really time to go double check and go over everything. My wife and I went out for breakfast today. In the middle of the drive the car just goes silent in town. We push it to the side and I look over the rear fuse box.

I don't see anything immediately concerning. I turn the key back to the on position and hear the IC fan come back on, speakers back on.

Drive it home. Look at the fuse box again. Feeder 12v lug is loose. Pretty sure that caused it.

High on my list is to also replace the timing chain tensioner. I hear they are a high failure item on the LSJ.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Not a bad idea to go over nuts and bolts after putting some miles on and even better to have a friend go over them too. Fresh eyes may see something.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
High on my list is to also replace the timing chain tensioner. I hear they are a high failure item on the LSJ.
Now that I have my windshield installed, I hear noises I didn't hear before. These newer sounds are mainly tire noise and what I believe is timing chain/tensioner chatter. Parts are being ordered. lol

speedhacks

I've been told WV is very kit car friendly.
WV DMV took my money and gave me tags. (they are temporary tags, but I'm hopeful that it will go through). There was definitely a lot of back and forth, odd looks, pauses, questions and so on.

The major items were
-DF Kit Car MCO
-Invoice printed out matching that MCO
-Completed and signed DMV-1-TR (Application for Certificate of Title)
-Completed and signed DMV-TM-1 (Odometer Disclosure Statement)
-Insurance paperwork
-Check payable for 6% sales tax and fees to WV DMV

Within the next 60-days I should receive a title and final registration from WV.
I need to get it inspected which I don't think will be an issue.
I got the title!!!

speedhacks

What an incredible machine. It is a rocket ship. Took it to autocross with PCA at Summit Point a couple weekends ago after working out a couple kinks. Like the Porsche cars, it is a bit tail happy with the weight in the rear. Either way it's totally manageable just gotta keep the foot on the gas, be confident and look where you wanna go.

I'm super happy with the build. Next year, looking for the next build project and to free up some space in my garage. I've posted the car for sale up on Facebook, will end up posting in classifieds here shortly.